NASCAR Championship....why??..

  • Thread starter Thread starter Metfanant
  • 26 comments
  • 1,866 views
Messages
536
United States
New York
Messages
Metfanant
Messages
Metfanant
- Why on Earth can I not complete the last event at Daytona without the AI crashing me??

- Why do I spin at the slightest hint of contact from the AI, but if I touch them we just stick together like glue until we both slow down so much we are out of the race?

Why can't the AI actually drive instead of just smashing into me at every opportunity??...we all know the answer to that one...PD can't program AI for crap...
 
X2 I golded the first four races and skip that one stupid ai
 
I did it first try, you just have to watch your mirror and play it to your advantage when they are going to bump you.
 
Stick to the inside line and put a couple tires on the apron if you have to. Avoid the middle and high lines at all cost.
 
X2 I golded the first four races and skip that one stupid ai

Same here...gold on the first four no problem. Then you get to Daytona and its a wreck...

- you bleed speed faster than the AI
- you wreck at the slightest touch
- you can't wreck the AI
- if you touch the AI your cars become magnetic

Should I keep going?...im really beginning to think that the AI card are legitimatly faster than mine as well...

Stick to the inside line and put a couple tires on the apron if you have to. Avoid the middle and high lines at all cost.

How? If I go low they just blow past me...to even keep up I have to stay in the pack, which inevitably leads to them wrecking me.
 
How? If I go low they just blow past me...to even keep up I have to stay in the pack, which inevitably leads to them wrecking me.

Stay low to avoid traffic. If you get passed, draft and retake the lead. Time it so this happens on the back stretch before turns 3 and 4.
 
Stay low to avoid traffic. If you get passed, draft and retake the lead. Time it so this happens on the back stretch before turns 3 and 4.

Im sorry...it just doesn't work...

Surely its beatable...but the physics of it are just broken...based on that the game is telling me through this event is its physically impossible for a car to take the lead and stay there. When clearly that is not the case.
 
Last edited:
Im sorry...it just doesn't work...

Surely its beatable...but the physics of it are just broken...based on that the game is telling me through this event is its physically impossible for a car to take the lead and stay there. When clearly that is not the case.

I assume you've never watched NASCAR at a superspeedway, eh? It's pretty much impossible to drive away on a superspeedway. Without the other cars to help you you're just too slow.

And as for the "AI becomes magnetic when I get close" that's what happens at 200 mph. The aerodynamics try to suck the two cars together.

It's quite realistic, you just need to learn how to drive. I beat it without any trouble.
 
I assume you've never watched NASCAR at a superspeedway, eh? It's pretty much impossible to drive away on a superspeedway. Without the other cars to help you you're just too slow.

And as for the "AI becomes magnetic when I get close" that's what happens at 200 mph. The aerodynamics try to suck the two cars together.

It's quite realistic, you just need to learn how to drive. I beat it without any trouble.

1. I watch NASCAR quite regularly...yes, the superspeedways are close races, but you will NEVER see what I've seen happen in this game. You may not be able to drive away from people...but you can hold a lead...

2. Im not talking about the AI being magnetic...im talking about my car physically sticking to theirs...and it only happens when I make contact with the AI...if they contact me...I spin, every time...
 
1. I watch NASCAR quite regularly...yes, the superspeedways are close races, but you will NEVER see what I've seen happen in this game. You may not be able to drive away from people...but you can hold a lead...

2. Im not talking about the AI being magnetic...im talking about my car physically sticking to theirs...and it only happens when I make contact with the AI...if they contact me...I spin, every time...

1. You're getting too far in front. Whenever someone holds a lead it's because someone is just behind them giving them an aero boost. You'll never see 1 car pull away from the field.

2. You probably shouldn't have used the word magnetic then.
 
1. You're getting too far in front. Whenever someone holds a lead it's because someone is just behind them giving them an aero boost. You'll never see 1 car pull away from the field.

2. You probably shouldn't have used the word magnetic then.

1. Too far in front? I cM barely get to the front, let alone stay there
2. You should have read more closely. I clearly said when the cars TOUCH they seem magnetic...
 
Yeah, you're right, it's too hard and the physics is all wrong. That's why nobody else have ever beaten it.

I'm sure they'll come out with a patch soon enough so that we can all beat it. I mean, what do they think this is, a driving game?
 
Yeah, you're right, it's too hard and the physics is all wrong. That's why nobody else have ever beaten it.

I'm sure they'll come out with a patch soon enough so that we can all beat it. I mean, what do they think this is, a driving game?

Oh wait...so now the game is unflawed and perfect? Bahahaha
 
Daytona is worse in b-spec, since they break in the oddest of places, the whole track and its AI is utterly flawed. Anyone denying this is either the blindest of fanboys or havent raced this track a-spec or b-spec.
 
Its not the driving that is kling me, if I could go 10 laps without the AI just taking me out, I might have a shot.
 
Its not the driving that is kling me, if I could go 10 laps without the AI just taking me out, I might have a shot.

This is doable the way I mentioned with a showroom stock car with only an oil change. No need to adjust aero, gearing, or purchase softer tires. All I did was trace the yellow line near the apron with my left tires. No fuss, no muss.

Paused before crossing the line:



So, you're either doing something very wrong, or forgetting to do something very simple.

1. Purchase an oil change.
2. If you have a DFGT, turn off the ASM with your dial thingamabob. If you have any other wheel or use the DS3, do this (from 0010111 at GameSpot forums):

I haven't seen this talked about yet on this board, and I bet there are a lot of people unaware of this function if you haven't read the manual in depth or explored the controller configuration menu.

The RA Menu allows you to tune some aspects of your car while you're actually on the track. You can adjust Traction Control, Stability Management, Anti-lock braking, 4WD distribution, and Brake Bias; and best of all you can change your adjustments throughout the race. Unlike the quick-tune menu that has to be unlocked, the RA Menu can be accessed at any time.

First, you've got to set your controller up for RA Access. I reccommend assigning the R3 button to "(RA function) Show Menu" and then assigining up and down on the control pad to "(RA function) Select+/-." Then all that's left is to assign left and right on the control pad to "(RA function) Adjust -/+"
(TIP: When all buttons are assigned, the symbols should read +, -, -, + from top to bottom or you'll have the adjustments backwards)

Now it's as simple as pressing R3 during a race to bring up your new RA Menu, and then using the control pad to quickly and easily make adjustments during a race. Enjoy.
 
The key is to run with ABS,ASM and TCS off
 
This is doable the way I mentioned with a showroom stock car with only an oil change. No need to adjust aero, gearing, or purchase softer tires. All I did was trace the yellow line near the apron with my left tires. No fuss, no muss.

Paused before crossing the line:



So, you're either doing something very wrong, or forgetting to do something very simple.

1. Purchase an oil change.
2. If you have a DFGT, turn off the ASM with your dial thingamabob. If you have any other wheel or use the DS3, do this (from 0010111 at GameSpot forums):
My God, it was the ASM... I didn't think you could turn it off because I believe it was locked out from the menus....turned it off using the DFGT and won the first try...even got the human stopwatch trophy while I was at it...
 
My God, it was the ASM... I didn't think you could turn it off because I believe it was locked out from the menus....turned it off using the DFGT and won the first try...even got the human stopwatch trophy while I was at it...

Congratulations. I knew you could do it!

👍
 
The reason youre getting spun is because YOU are crossing in front of them in ends cutting them off.
 
Congratulations. I knew you could do it!

👍

Thanks, not sure if you're having a laugh or not, but I don't even care at this point lol. It is quite amazing how much cornering speed the ASM cuts off...

I even went back to the Jeff Gordon school because I was only able to get silver on the last event...with the ASM off I was in first coming out of the first turn lol...
 
Thanks, not sure if you're having a laugh or not, but I don't even care at this point lol. It is quite amazing how much cornering speed the ASM cuts off...

I even went back to the Jeff Gordon school because I was only able to get silver on the last event...with the ASM off I was in first coming out of the first turn lol...

No worries. I forgot about the default ASM until I re-did the race for the photo.

👍
 
Turning off the ABS makes the ASM inactive and you can do this from the race options rather than needing to turn off asm from the wheel but either will have the same effect on the corning speed of the car.
 
Even with the ASM on, it should be easy to beat the AI cars. For those who've yet to do it, try drafting at THE BACK OF THE PACK 'til halfway thru lap 9/10, then work your way back up to the front via drafting. Practicing in the standalone race never hurts either.
 
No worries. I forgot about the default ASM until I re-did the race for the photo.

👍

I never thought to try the wheel either. I just figured since you could not change it in the menus that it was on for a reason...
 
Mmmm.

I'm gonna have to try that. Haven't used the RA button set yet.
Hopefully get better than bronze for Daytona.

Cheers guys. 👍
 
Back