NASCAR drafting

  • Thread starter Thread starter crazedwombats
  • 4 comments
  • 707 views
Messages
25
Messages
crazedwombats
I'll admit I'm not a huge NASCAR fan, and because of that I rarely drive my stock car in GT5, but I was curious if anybody who races them regularly online has tried the two car drafting technique that drivers in the real world have been using.
 
Yes, it works. Two drivers working together can make a lot of time up on the opposition. Bumping works too, as does running the wall.
 
Bumping works too, as does running the wall.


You must run with damage off if your running the wall to gain speed.
 
Running in two's is a lot of fun. Definitely better and faster than a bunch of people in a big pack. Those don't last too long at Daytona. If you draft with someone you know, you can put up some very fast times at the track.
 
You must run with damage off if your running the wall to gain speed.

What?

If you mean sliding along the wall then that would be silly :D

If you run your car very close to the wall it has the same aero effect as in real-life.

You should always race with damage on full or there's no point racing...
 
Back