Nascar drives me really crazy

  • Thread starter Thread starter Thyr4n
  • 10 comments
  • 1,102 views
Messages
5
Germany
Germany
Hi all,

can someone help me? I want to complete all iA series, but the last one is (this f....) Nascar event.
I can not win the first event.... it drives me crazy.
Everytime I am first or second or what else an enemy hit my car, I lose control and my car turns... really every time. I could not win a single race.

Now I am very tired after loosing for 30 min and shut down my PS3.


What is the secret?

Before I have all races and all licences on gold. The only one is the last Senna race, there I have only silver. I am not the best but a good and fair driver.
 
change oil and check for PP limit (some nascar events were limited to 70%, some were not).
 
The oil change tip is good. Thanks.

Can I tweak a bit by reducing the down force?
 
I forgot to mention to check your transmission (how close to limiter are you). You can also lower downforce, that will help. I`m not an oval guy but i had no problems with iA Nascar events.
 
Hi all,

can someone help me? I want to complete all iA series, but the last one is (this f....) Nascar event.
I can not win the first event.... it drives me crazy.
Everytime I am first or second or what else an enemy hit my car, I lose control and my car turns... really every time. I could not win a single race.

Are you having troubles with the Daytona race?

Yeah, its hard because the AI get aggressive when you try to pass them. And since you're limited to 70%, you can't just out-run them, so you have to drive with them for most of the race.

I used the following tune to win at Daytona:

Ride: 72/72
Springs: 17.5/15.0
Compress: 4/4
Extension: 5/5
ARB: 4/4
Camber: 0/0
Toe: -.02/0.10
LSD: 8/25/10
Wing: 240/440
Ballast: 5kg, +10 (to rear)
Transmission at 211mph

My method to win the race was to lag to the rear of the pack for the first two laps, and then on lap # 3, I would start to work my way towards the front, trying to only pass on the left side so the AI can't get under you and spin you out. By the end of lap # 4, I would try to be in about 3rd place. And then on lap # 5 I would pass the 1st and 2nd place cars going down the back straight to take the lead, and then do my best to keep the lead for only the final corner. It doesn't always work! I have been taken out by the AI as we come across the Finish Line.:irked:

Good luck!
GTsail
 
Last edited:
Daytona? Yes the hardest of all 5 nascar races.
Change oil, and add weight to get the car more stable and heavy so it can survive impacts from the other cars but that did not work 100%.
And lotts of slipstreaming.

Here's my solution, i used it at all races where you have to reduce power to 70%
For the other races i bought another nascar and changed oil and used diffrent settings.

Here's my race on youtube.At 11:20 i show my settings after winning the race


One important tip!!! once you are in 1st place? Keep on the left side of the track as long as possible to avoid AI to slipstream on you.
 
Last edited:
@GTsail290
Yeah, Daytona... thanks for the settings.

I just won the race on third try with new oil, body stiffening, shorter gears, minimum downforce and a big portion of luck.
Dont unterstand what PP tought... the GT3 and GT500 series was such a joy and then this pain in the ass ^^

Now I am relaxed again =D

Thanks all for the tips
 
I think the easiest way to win is not so much to do with your car set up, but keeping the AI out of your draft by tightly hugging the inside boundary line the whole time, the AI won't follow your car that far off their racing line down the straights allowing you to pull away.
 
I cou
Hi all,

can someone help me? I want to complete all iA series, but the last one is (this f....) Nascar event.
I can not win the first event.... it drives me crazy.
Everytime I am first or second or what else an enemy hit my car, I lose control and my car turns... really every time. I could not win a single race.

Now I am very tired after loosing for 30 min and shut down my PS3.


What is the secret?

Before I have all races and all licences on gold. The only one is the last Senna race, there I have only silver. I am not the best but a good and fair driver.


I couldn't do it either always bumped off regardless. I stayed low adjusted my gears to 230mph I think it was took away some downforce and got bronze. That did for me I then moved one.
 
Granted that NASCAR doesnt even belong in this game, but the easiest way to win Daytona is stay 3rd or 4th on the backstretch on lap 5 then use the draft to go by your opponents, then stay low on the turn and the final straight.The win should be in the bag. AI will not be close enough to wreck you.
 
Back