Nascar is recreated accurately - top speed, lap times as in RL

  • Thread starter Thread starter TurismoBad
  • 4 comments
  • 657 views
Messages
1,240
Italy
Italy
So I was watching Practice session on Daytona yesterday and said to myself - hey let me check how it is in GT6. :)

Very close.

The first car was in 45.500 (at the point I stopped watching) averaging nearly 200mph.

I got the same results more or less. Down-force to minimum, no limiter and racing hard tires.

So thumbs up there. 👍

I was surprised that the top speed wasn't ridiculous as other cars. Air resistance seems to be working with this car but with all others there seems to be no "air wall" at some point - keeps going and going...well we all saw it already so not elaborating on that.
 
So I was watching Practice session on Daytona yesterday and said to myself - hey let me check how it is in GT6. :)

Very close.

The first car was in 45.500 (at the point I stopped watching) averaging nearly 200mph.

I got the same results more or less. Down-force to minimum, no limiter and racing hard tires.

So thumbs up there. 👍

I was surprised that the top speed wasn't ridiculous as other cars. Air resistance seems to be working with this car but with all others there seems to be no "air wall" at some point - keeps going and going...well we all saw it already so not elaborating on that.
single car runs or pack racing? single car runs usually top out at 196ish as shown here
1) #3-Austin Dillon 196.019mph - locked in, pole winner
2) #78-Martin Truex Jr. 195.852 - locked in, outside pole winner
3) #16-Greg Biffle 195.818 - locked in Daytona 500 at least by speed
4) #99-Carl Edwards 195.712 - locked in Daytona 500 at least by speed
5) #31-Ryan Newman 195.707 - locked in Daytona 500 at least by speed
6) #2-Brad Keselowski 195.296 - locked in Daytona 500 at least by speed
7) #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr. 195.211 - locked in Daytona 500 at least by owners points/provisional
8) #24-Jeff Gordon 195.042 - locked in Daytona 500 at least by owners points/provisional
9) #17-Ricky Stenhouse Jr 195.004
10) #27-Paul Menard 194.919
11) #9-Marcos Ambrose 194.894
12) #22-Joey Logano 194.852
13) #33-Brian Scott 194.776
14) #43-Aric Almirola 194.658
15) #48-Jimmie Johnson 194.637 - locked in Daytona 500 at least by owners points/provisional

Dale Jr Went out Second and Jimmie Second to Last.

last years race average at Daytona was 159.29 mph.
proof http://www.jayski.com/stats/2013/pdfs/01dis2013racereport.pdf
I wouldn't say recreated correctly. but it's closer then most
 
Last edited:
single car runs or pack racing? single car runs usually top out at 196ish as shown here


Dale Jr Went out Second and Jimmie Second to Last.

last years race average at Daytona was 159.29 mph.
proof http://www.jayski.com/stats/2013/pdfs/01dis2013racereport.pdf
I wouldn't say recreated correctly. but it's closer then most

Yeah I saw it later. The excitement got me and I quickly run to tell everyone that there is something good in GT6 :p

Anyway - still pretty close.
 
Yeah I saw it later. The excitement got me and I quickly run to tell everyone that there is something good in GT6 :p

Anyway - still pretty close.
the only thing they got right is drafting. lol. but it's still pretty fun to run laps at Daytona none the less.
 
Unfortunately, it's not if it's running stock. It's still 905hp, just gears are different.
 
Back