Nascar, more like smashcar!

  • Thread starter Thread starter AnfieldLFC252
  • 24 comments
  • 2,232 views
Messages
42
United Kingdom
Out of this world
Is it just me or does anyone else have trouble with those darn Nascar thingies? Leading into the last lap get onto the straight and the AI cars spin me round like a over-excited dog chasing its tail. Surely the real thing isn't like that! Or is it?
 
Lengthen your gears and drive on the opposite side of the road to stop them from drafting you.
 
Is it just me or does anyone else have trouble with those darn Nascar thingies? Leading into the last lap get onto the straight and the AI cars spin me round like a over-excited dog chasing its tail. Surely the real thing isn't like that! Or is it?
Its something to do with the boxes that define where the cars physical limits lie (length/width), it seems that the AI thinks their car (or yours) is shorter than it actually is which leads to unintentional contact. Not a lot you can do about it unfortunately, just gotta try and pick your way through it and hope for the best. I've certainly had a few spectacular crashes as a result of overly keen AI taking a bite at the rear bumper.
Best way I found of avoiding it is to stay in the pack until the last corner then make a lunge for first place, there's no point trying to get to the front early because without draft you will not be able to maintain the same speed and they will catch you up and put you back in the blender. Giving 1st place a tap on the way past can cause the rest of the pack to slow down (or crash lol) and give you those extra few yards, but that's down to choice and morals really lol
 
Its something to do with the boxes that define where the cars physical limits lie (length/width), it seems that the AI thinks their car (or yours) is shorter than it actually is which leads to unintentional contact. Not a lot you can do about it unfortunately, just gotta try and pick your way through it and hope for the best. I've certainly had a few spectacular crashes as a result of overly keen AI taking a bite at the rear bumper.
Best way I found of avoiding it is to stay in the pack until the last corner then make a lunge for first place, there's no point trying to get to the front early because without draft you will not be able to maintain the same speed and they will catch you up and put you back in the blender. Giving 1st place a tap on the way past can cause the rest of the pack to slow down (or crash lol) and give you those extra few yards, but that's down to choice and morals really lol

I like the way you think. Each time I pass the lead car I have tried very hard to avoid contact. Maybe I'll try putting him into the wall as I go by on the last straight.

:-)
 
There are several issues with NASCAR on GT5 and GT6. Firstly, draft is far too exagerrated, cars don't gain 50kmh in a few hundred metres and fly past the car ahead in reality. Secondly there is the issue that the AI cars have a huge weight to them whilst the player car has a more realistic weight. So any contact to AI cars they won't budge, any small tap to you and you're spun out.
 
Last edited:
There are several issues with NASCAR on GT5 and GT6. Firstly, draft is far too exagerrated, cars don't gain 50kmh in a few hundred metres and fly past the car ahead. Secondly there is the issue that the AI cars have a huge weight to them whilst the player car has a more realistic weight. So any contact to AI cars they won't budge, any small tap to you and you're spun out.

I totally agree with that Samus, I don't think I've seen an AI car even get a wiggle on after it's knocked me flying. Things like this really need to be sorted if the game is going to fair.

On another to point to all, I'd like to say a big thanks to you all for the advice. I've managed to win two ovals, but that first one is a pesky little critter and the circuit races, the less said the better :lol:. It seems no matter how much I try to hold back my competitive streaks just drags me out of the way and takes over.

Really appreciate the help guys
 
look up tunes from gt5 for the road courses, remove the camber and they work really well, worked for me at least
 
At my chiropractic appointment, I will post the tunes so it will be easy to win any race, around 530 EST.
 
Here you go.

Nascar setup for any Nascar. For road courses turn your power down and add aero to front and rear until your comfortable with the car.I can't speak for how you drive,so fiddle with the aero.

Ride Height

F 95 R 95
Spring Rate
F 20.50 R 21.00
Comp
F 8 R 5
Ext
F 8 R 5
ARB
F 4 R 4
CAMBER
F 0.0 R 0.0
TOE
F -0.25 R-0.25
Brakes
F 5 R 8

Transmission
Final gear to 5000
Max speed to 149 MPH
1st 2.033
2nd 1.615
3rd 1.285
4th 1.099

Move final gear to 2.997

Adjust final gear by moving it to the right for road courses and low HP races.

LSD
60/60/55

Down Force

Ovals
F 200 R 400

Road Courses

Adjust to your driving style,if the back end gets loose add rear aero.

Also add 5 to 10 kg of ballast to rear of car for better low line handling.

Should work just fine,stay out front on ovals they will not catch you unless you wreck.
1st, 2nd and 3rd really pick up quickly be ready.
 
I like the way you think. Each time I pass the lead car I have tried very hard to avoid contact. Maybe I'll try putting him into the wall as I go by on the last straight.

:-)
its actually very hard to put the ai into the wall, and make them spin out. Believe me, I've tried. All i have accomplished was spinning myself out :dopey:

I posted that before reading what Samus said, but yeah, the AI doesnt budge
 
its actually very hard to put the ai into the wall, and make them spin out. Believe me, I've tried. All i have accomplished was spinning myself out :dopey:

I posted that before reading what Samus said, but yeah, the AI doesnt budge

Oh come on it's simple to get the AI cars to spin out............Just go the opposite way round the track and use them as pins in an alley. Worked for me :lol:
 
Last edited:
oddly I never had a problem with this at Daytona. just draft,and wait to make your move. time it right you should be fine. no set up needed.
 
Oh come one it's simple to get the AI cars to spin out............Just go the opposite way round the track and use them as pins in an alley. Worked for me :lol:
I remember when I used to find that fun :sly:... I pretend I've grown up now and don't do it anymore but to be honest I'd probably still get great satisfaction from it. Who doesn't like the occasional bit of carnage?! :mischievous: :D
 
oddly I never had a problem with this at Daytona. just draft,and wait to make your move. time it right you should be fine. no set up needed.

It took me a few tries, but I found more or less the same. The temptation is to try to get out in front early, but then you invariably end up losing the draft train and getting clobbered once you lose speed on the Super Speedway. The best bet is to hang around in 3 or 4 until the last lap, then take a shot at passing for the lead.
 
It took me a few tries, but I found more or less the same. The temptation is to try to get out in front early, but then you invariably end up losing the draft train and getting clobbered once you lose speed on the Super Speedway. The best bet is to hang around in 3 or 4 until the last lap, then take a shot at passing for the lead.
exactly!
 
It is SO annoying but after 22 tries at daytona. I did it
 
Am I only person to pass Daytona first time no issues?
 
I like the way you think. Each time I pass the lead car I have tried very hard to avoid contact. Maybe I'll try putting him into the wall as I go by on the last straight.

:-)
He thinks what I thought in my thread.

It's actually very fun to dump the others, you should try it.
 
Am I only person to pass Daytona first time no issues?

Me neither.. I am good in all NASCAR Racing by Papyrus. It is really easy to winning at first try.
 
Just draft to the front early on, and hug the bottom line. If someone goes by get in line with next lane so they push you.
 
I totally agree with that Samus, I don't think I've seen an AI car even get a wiggle on after it's knocked me flying. Things like this really need to be sorted if the game is going to fair.
I send them flying every which way when grinding the red bull events. Take that you c#@* is a regular saying on money earning days...
 
Is it just me or does anyone else have trouble with those darn Nascar thingies? Leading into the last lap get onto the straight and the AI cars spin me round like a over-excited dog chasing its tail. Surely the real thing isn't like that! Or is it?

The only time you see a lot of contact IRL is on the short tracks like Bristol, Dover, and Charlotte.
I love watching those races, especially for the fights that sometimes break out between drivers because of the bumping and grinding.
 
Back