Nascar Series Daytona about 3 seconds a lap slower or more

  • Thread starter Thread starter lilnath
  • 14 comments
  • 1,440 views
Messages
17
whats going on there do i need the soft tyres im just sooo slow in fact throughout most of that championship but mainly in daytona
 
Did you disable ABS?

ABS on oval is tied to ASM for some reason and it cuts power in the corner...
 
its amazing how much that helped me. =D
 
I had the same trouble yesterday. Aside from turning all the options off and using soft tires I also bumped the front and rear downforce all the way up.
I still needed the draft to keep up though.
 
Yeah I couldn't win this for the life of me. After several unsuccessful attempts, I read on here about turning off ABS so I tried that and golded the race on the first try. In fact not only did I gold it, but I pretty much blew their doors off.
 
You guys are talking about the last race of the event ? 10 laps on daytona ?

Its the only race I didnt win, I always get bumped by the AI when I'm finally in 1st place.
 
I ragequit the second (grand valley?) and last one (daytona) and walked away 1st place overall. I couldn't believe it. The AI basically hit me from behind and another from behind-right while I was on the oval. Had this has been a real life race, I would've gotten killed. I was just spinning infinitely as all the other cars kept running into the side of my car.
 
I ragequit the second (grand valley?) and last one (daytona) and walked away 1st place overall. I couldn't believe it. The AI basically hit me from behind and another from behind-right while I was on the oval. Had this has been a real life race, I would've gotten killed. I was just spinning infinitely as all the other cars kept running into the side of my car.

For grand valley put max downforce on on the rear, it helps a lot
 
For Daytona put the downforce on minimum.

The trick then is to get behind the lead guy and stay there, touching his rear bumper and pushing him through the turns. You have to be careful not to push him too hard or you could spin.

You need to overtake him out of the final turn on the last lap. You can practice this move throughout the race but he will of course just overtake you again. Thats why you need to make sure you are behind him on the last lap.

And definitely turn ASM and TCS off.
 
For Daytona put the downforce on minimum
Hmmm...I had mine all the way up. With the downforce at max I was still faster in the straights even when not drafting. Before I cranked up the downforce I could see I was gaining on them in the straights but I was losing a lot of time in the turn. With the downforce up I was able to get back in the pack after being bumped into a distant 12th place and took the lead by lap 8. I actually got a good enough lead that they couldn't catch up with the draft before hitting the corners.
It's probably dependent on how you drive, and maybe if you have a wheel. With a controller and my jerky (in more ways than one) driving I REALLY needed that downforce!!!

I thought the road races were pretty easy BTW, I finished them with a handy lead.
 
Nascar setting and racing line for easy win.

This is what I've done.

HP : 892, after oil changed
Downforce : 35 Front, 55 Real
Tranmission : 380km/h
Tyres : Racing Soft
The rest default setting
All Assist off, including ABS

After race start, I could overtake all leading cars and take the lead from the 1st corner, and never lost my lead! From there on, stay at the inner yellow line all the time (left tyres touches yellow line WHILE TURNING, right tyres touches yellow line ON THE STRAIGHT LINE so that AI could not draft you)

That being say, the AI are always within 1sec behind you, but could not overtake you coz no drafting from you...

More importantly, the above setup allows you to take corner with speed > 330km/h while staying at yellow line.

Games On and good luck! :dopey:
 
Last edited:
I thought the road races were easy, all you have to do is put the brakes to 8-3. One thing though is to not go in here without knowledge of how the cars work. For all newbies, I suggest racing the Seasonal Event at the 'Ring until placing first. As for the Daytona race, the only problem I had was the recklessness of the AI, and I'm confident I would have won had I not been rammed and spun out on lap 3. :grumpy:
 
I thought the road races were easy, all you have to do is put the brakes to 8-3. One thing though is to not go in here without knowledge of how the cars work. For all newbies, I suggest racing the Seasonal Event at the 'Ring until placing first. As for the Daytona race, the only problem I had was the recklessness of the AI, and I'm confident I would have won had I not been rammed and spun out on lap 3. :grumpy:

By using my race tactic as I mentioned in the above post, there is no way AI could ram you coz they can't even catch you...give it a go and hope it works for u!
 
I'd like to win it, but where's the fun in going around in circles for 10 laps with no competition? Tbh, I'd rather lose a bunch and feel victorious in the end rather than bore myself to death. Of course I'm a big NASCAR fan myself, so maybe just the satisfaction of seeing Tonystew drive Tony Stewart's car is enough for me. :dopey:
 
Back