NASCAR Special Event Advanced Daytona Final 2 Lap Rant

United States
Southeast MI
BubbleBelly542
Its making me mad! I have gotten up to second on it but I have a few complaints about it.
-It says it's the last two laps. PD do you know much 2 is? Let me show you using the upper case version of the letter 'i'. I I . Now was that so hard? I guess so because it's more like a lap and an 8th ( 1/8 ).
-Do you know anything at all about nascar? When there is a restart, the cars are not that far apart! Maybe about half as far apart as they are in this event!
-If I try do bump draft I get DQ'd. I hit a car when I was going about 2mph faster than it in the rear and I got disqualified!
-Kyle Busch is leading

Nascar advanced 3 video

GraphiteGB-NascarTestm4v906-834.jpg

Flash
http://blip.tv/ps3-mp4-clips-and-trailers-/nascar-test-m4v-5358256
Streaming m4v
http://blip.tv/file/get/GraphiteGB-NascarTestm4v132.m4v
Download m4v
http://blip.tv/file/get/GraphiteGB-NascarTestm4v906.m4v

Its still easy.

It is hard, I agree...
Tried it one day for over 2 hours, my best was 3rd place.
Next day, 2nd attempt, got 1st place by a second :s
It can be done, but it is not easy.
About the DQ rules, they suck indeed ;)

Do what I did and delete the game data. In one of the updates they made you keep ASM on which kills your speed, and after fail after fail I finally dumped that data and passed it the first time.

Do what I did and delete the game data. In one of the updates they made you keep ASM on which kills your speed, and after fail after fail I finally dumped that data and passed it the first time.

Then my bets is on the 1.06 update.

Anyway, OP, good luck. It will take a lot of patience.

I agree with you. I'm a fan of Nascar, and that event broke pretty much all the rules. There's no restrictor plates on the Nascars in the game period, as you said the cars start a lot closer, but they're far apart because of the insane draft in the game.

I thought the hardest part was staying in Jimmie's draft on the outside at the start while surviving the massive bump once you come out of the tri-oval. Once you got that done, just stay in the draft, then divebomb yourself into the last turn and pray that you don't hit anyone, because for some reason they always decide to go 6-wide there. Good luck, it's a toughie, but very rewarding in the end. :)

Tonystew42
I agree with you. I'm a fan of Nascar, and that event broke pretty much all the rules. There's no restrictor plates on the Nascars in the game period, as you said the cars start a lot closer, but they're far apart because of the insane draft in the game.

I thought the hardest part was staying in Jimmie's draft on the outside at the start while surviving the massive bump once you come out of the tri-oval. Once you got that done, just stay in the draft, then divebomb yourself into the last turn and pray that you don't hit anyone, because for some reason they always decide to go 6-wide there. Good luck, it's a toughie, but very rewarding in the end. :)

I follow Jimmie through the turn but don't get even close to him until the back straightaway on the second lap.

I follow Jimmie through the turn but don't get even close to him until the back straightaway on the second lap.

Did you gold the event yet? It's been a while since I did, but I remember being on the tail of his draft until you come out of the second turn and then running him down by the first turn on the second lap.

Tonystew42
Did you gold the event yet? It's been a while since I did, but I remember being on the tail of his draft until you come out of the second turn and then running him down by the first turn on the second lap.

No I've only tried it twice since I posted this. And both times it has made me want to throw my controller

Just keep close to Jimmy and try to find the fast line through the corners(yes it does exist)it's just a little toward the bottom about a car width above the yellow line. You can maintain momentum there, use jimmy to slingshot your way to the head of the pack after you come off turn 2, get there before turn 3 or else it will be hard to pass and stay in control of your car( i have done it coming out of turn 4). Patience and concentration will help, I did it with no problems really aside from not finding the fast line through the corners. Check your approach in the corners, start up a little high then smoothly come down a car width above the yellow line(assuming no cars are there, draft them is they are) but that line is fast, the AI has a line that they use and they keep their speed pretty high through the entire corner. Find that line and use it.

Finally made it, never could figure it out since I bought the game. Even borrowed a racing wheel from a friend, didn't work out.

Tried these settings:

Active steering: strong
ABS: 10
Controller sensitivity: 7

And after 45 minutes got the 1st place, finally!

Finally made it, never could figure it out since I bought the game. Even borrowed a racing wheel from a friend, didn't work out.

Tried these settings:

This worked for me. Tried all day yesterday without any assists except ABS at 1, and i finally got it on the second try. Thank you!

Tried these settings:

I now that this post is old, but I got it on my first try after trying with these settings. What sorcery is this?

I now that this post is old, but I got it on my first try after trying with these settings. What sorcery is this?
Same here, I finally caught up with the pack. Now if I could just avoid getting DQ’d because of the stupid AI drivers bumping into me.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back