Nascar Thunder 2002

United States
St. Cloud, Florida
aracefan
Does anyone else have this game. I'm not a big fan of Nascar but my little boy likes it so we decided to pick it up. It is actually a pretty good game. I was really suprised after last years game, we rented that one and I'm glad we didn't buy it. But this one is a lot better looking and it plays a lot better.

Just wondering what others thought.

It's a good game. It was a transition game between the arcade-like games of the PS1 games but you can see the more sim-sided motions of 2003 and 2004. It is the easier of the three 'NASCAR Thunder' games, but all three are good in their own ways...and if the last few games have been as I've heard, still more of an actual challenge.

That said, keep an eye out for Thunder 2003 and 2004, as well as NASCAR Dirt to Daytona and Heat.

I actually never liked the Thunder games. They were tons better than the piles EA made before handing the series off to Tiburon, but the cars just never felt right. You never got the sense that they had any weight to them. They were twitchy and hard to control, but it felt more like because they were go karts instead of really heavy cars with too much power. The NASCAR Heat games sort of had the opposite problem (as well as much lower production values than EA was throwing at their NASCAR games), but that one was easier to swallow I think.

Back