NASCAR Woes

  • Thread starter Thread starter BKViper
  • 24 comments
  • 1,955 views
Messages
845
Messages
bkviper
I am on the 3rd event in the Intermediate level of Nascar (Outside Driving - Daytona).
Gold = 13.2, Silver = 13.3, Bronze = 13.4, Me = 13.5
ARGH!
I'm within a hundredth of a second every time.
There are two things that I know are causing me problems.
First, as soon as the computer passes control to you at the beginning, the car twitches to one side and I have to correct it back onto line. I'm using a G25 wheel and I've tried not touching the wheel, holding the wheel normally, holding the wheel with a death grip. No matter what, it jerks the wheel on the hand over.
The second problem is the "START" graphic that appears right in my line of sight and doesn't go off until I'm already at the beginning of the corner. This is most annoying. How am I supposed to set up my entry line when all I see is giant letters on the screen?
Does anyone have any advice for this test?
I've passed every license test and special event the first time until this, and now I've probably run this one 30+ times. :scared:
 
you have to absolutely nail the corner without being jerky at all and sail extremely close to the cones. I did it with the DS3 but it took me about an hr of constant attempts, just did it by 3 thousandths in the end.
 
You think that's bad?
I came within .001, .002, and .003 in a row. It was super frustrating.
 
i like the challenge though, made me fist the air in delight on completion
 
Weird, I got this in 2 tries on a DS3, but I struggle with so many other challenges
 
Weird, I thought Outside at Daytona was the easiest of these four. The one that took me about ten minutes was Inside at Indianapolis.
 
Turn off ABS. It turns off the ASM as well, allowing you to take corners at 200mph+. Makes every NASCAR race easy
 
Keep ur hands stiff, make sure the wheel is perfectly straight @ the start so it won't pull to the side..
 
I'm having the same problem. I am so jerky and sometimes hit the wall. Any advice for a person playing with a analogue stick?
 
Make very small but frequent steering adjustments. Basically, try and be as smooth as possible.
 
I'm having the same problem. I am so jerky and sometimes hit the wall. Any advice for a person playing with a analogue stick?

Be as smooth as you can, I was using my pad on the sticks instead of my G25 at the time and golded it first go. It's not a difficult test at all if you can just be smooth on the steering and not just be a full-lock or no-lock kind of guy.

If you think this is difficult wait til the final advanced NASCAR challenge or the Daytona race in the series :scared:, I managed to gold them also but with some trouble.
 
I thought this was the easiest of the special events, just held down the accelerator and tried to hold the dual shock stick at the right angle and got gold in around 5 attempts.
 
I just got 13.193 on the outside overtake challenge I'm using a DS3 analogue stick... and I swear I wish I had a wheel... we're talking millionth of a millimetre movements... I was just about getting sick of hearing the smug american accent asking me 'did you mess up somewhere' GAHHH NO GOD DAMN IT! haha
 
You think intermediate is bad? Advance is a joke at level 21.

Forget this NASCAR BS when the AI just rams you right into the side wall and YOU get disqualified.

I've officially quit that challenge. The rally challenges are fun though and got Gold for all those. :)

EDIT: well as in another thread, when you are at advance stage, just turn off ABS - makes life that much beautiful.
 
Last edited:
Weird, I thought Outside at Daytona was the easiest of these four. The one that took me about ten minutes was Inside at Indianapolis.

Lol i wasn't even paying attention when i did indianapolis (at the start) and my car got real wobbly and i drifted through the corner to get gold on the first try. I did roughly the same thing with the indy outside xD
 
I really found this one to be a pain. I was using a DS3 though so there was a bit of an issue. I did get bronze in the end... by 0.003 seconds. :(
 
... I guess using a racing wheel makes the game easier cause I did it on my third try.
 
Buy a wheel and do the challege get Gold and take it back.
 
... I guess using a racing wheel makes the game easier cause I did it on my third try.

Ya I spent about ten minutes total to get gold in all 4 of the cornering challenges even though i get humbled by a lot of other challenges that most of you would probably consider easy. I turned all driving aids off and just kept my foot on the gas arcade style and tried to hold the wheel steady. with the indianapolis events i had to feather the throttle a bit but i never touched the brakes. The car only tried to break loose a bit on the inside indy challenge, but that just made it kind of fun.
 
Buy a wheel and do the challege get Gold and take it back.

Haha, once you've played GT with a wheel, you're not going to take it back :D

I growl at everyone who comes close to mine...
 
I got gold with the sixaxis controller. Took me about an hour to do it though, you just have to be super smooth and delicate with the turning of the car.

I was within 0.005 more than 5 times! Wanted to tear my hair out!

I don't know if it helps with this race but you could try turning ABS off in this one too.

In the other challenges though, turn ABS off and watch the golds roll in.
 
Last edited:
I can't get faster than 13.5 with a wheel. :(
 
I think I silvered this with a Sixaxis...it's really hard though. Wish I had the space for a wheel.
 
Wow. Just re-did this test and I placed in at 13.199 - a difference of .001 using a DS3 with ABS turned off.
 
i found looking into the turn as far ahead as possibole help me keep a very steady turn .. that did it for me.
 
Back