Nasscar Names

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maxitsu
  • 15 comments
  • 1,109 views
Messages
1,752
Messages
Maxitsu
Why does the game name the the Nasscars by the driver in reality. and not call it by maker

like "Brian Vickers #83 Red Bull"

why not just Toyota Camry ‘10

They do not name the "Ferrari F2007": "Filipe Massa Ferrari '07"
 
I do wish they had just made the different NASCAR stock carsand SuperGT cars different liveries on the same models. It would have made it easier to scroll through the car lot and provided a more honest car count.

As for why they didn't? Probably to raise the car count.
 
Because there are too many Toyota Camry '10s. If they just said "Toyota Camry '10" you wouldn't know if they were talking about Vickers, Hamlin, Busch or Logano.
 
I do wish they had just made the different NASCAR stock carsand SuperGT cars different liveries on the same models. It would have made it easier to scroll through the car lot and provided a more honest car count.

As for why they didn't? Probably to raise the car count.

i agree
 
Because there are too many Toyota Camry '10s. If they just said "Toyota Camry '10" you wouldn't know if they were talking about Vickers, Hamlin, Busch or Logano.

I understand that...but in the game Brian vickers does't drive it, i do. Its just the"livery/color" not the car type.
 
Because there are too many Toyota Camry '10s. If they just said "Toyota Camry '10" you wouldn't know if they were talking about Vickers, Hamlin, Busch or Logano.

They could have simply called it the "Camry '10" and then had different "colors" available just like the Formula 1 cars though. The different color options on the Ferraris are different cars, with different numbers, for different drivers.

I don't know much about NASCAR, but all the Camrys should be identical aside from suspension tuning and tweaking right? They're all the same car with different vinyl, why not sell them like that in the game?
 
I do wish they had just made the different NASCAR stock carsand SuperGT cars different liveries on the same models. It would have made it easier to scroll through the car lot and provided a more honest car count.

As for why they didn't? Probably to raise the car count.

I think another issue that prevented them doing that was that car performance was different, even for two (supposedly identical) Nascars by the same manufacturer. Last weeks WRS was Nascar based and the general consensus was that even two Impalas (Camrys or Fusions) had slightly differing performance to each other and as such are, in their own right, different cars although they are very similar...
Personally, I would have just named them Toyota Camry #83 '10, Toyota Camry #18 '10 and so on... But the fact still remains that they are all slightly different. Same goes for the SuperGT cars. :)
 
I think another issue that prevented them doing that was that car performance was different, even for two (supposedly identical) Nascars by the same manufacturer. Last weeks WRS was Nascar based and the general consensus was that even two Impalas (Camrys or Fusions) had slightly differing performance to each other and as such are, in their own right, different cars although they are very similar...
Personally, I would have just named them Toyota Camry #83 '10, Toyota Camry #18 '10 and so on... But the fact still remains that they are all slightly different. Same goes for the SuperGT cars. :)

:tup:sound fair
 
I think another issue that prevented them doing that was that car performance was different, even for two (supposedly identical) Nascars by the same manufacturer. Last weeks WRS was Nascar based and the general consensus was that even two Impalas (Camrys or Fusions) had slightly differing performance to each other and as such are, in their own right, different cars although they are very similar...
Personally, I would have just named them Toyota Camry #83 '10, Toyota Camry #18 '10 and so on... But the fact still remains that they are all slightly different. Same goes for the SuperGT cars. :)

Interesting. I haven't driven enough of them to know for sure. Are you sure it wasn't just due to suspension/downforce settings?

Another possibility is that the naming scheme was required in the licensing agreement.
 
Because there are too many Toyota Camry '10s. If they just said "Toyota Camry '10" you wouldn't know if they were talking about Vickers, Hamlin, Busch or Logano.
This is the obvious reason for starters. But they could have replaced "Logano" with "Home Depot". However some cars have so many sponsors that it would make the title way too long. So you'll just have to know, if you want the Home Depot car, Joey is your driver.

I kinda wish they had unmarked cars that you could paint any color...but I have a lot of wishes that won't come true for this game.
 
Interesting. I haven't driven enough of them to know for sure. Are you sure it wasn't just due to suspension/downforce settings?

Another possibility is that the naming scheme was required in the licensing agreement.

Definitely not setup differences! :)
A lot of us tried running multiple cars from the same manufacturer with identical setup and some were consistently producing faster lap times.
If you want to have a look through the thread it is in the WRS archive. Last few pages are all you will be interested in as our car selection had to remain secret for the duration of the week but we discussed the issue of differing performance without naming particular cars through the week...
It also seemed as though some cars suited some driving styles better than others, once we knew who had what and which suited who best... ;)
 
It is weird that they named the nascars as such, I would love to race Tony Stewart but instead It is just some unknown AI in Tony's car. I think they did it more for an American audience and so they could pick their favorite drivers.
 
Why does the game name the the Nasscars by the driver in reality. and not call it by maker

like "Brian Vickers #83 Red Bull"

why not just Toyota Camry ‘10

They do not name the "Ferrari F2007": "Filipe Massa Ferrari '07"

Because the sponsors want to hear their name and see their product.Watch a driver get interviewed after a race and it's more like "yes the Red Bull,Sunoco,Gator Aid,Goodies,Goodyear Camry ran really great today" while he holds a bottle of Coke in his hand.Sponsors pay big money and want there name used as much as possible.Do you know how many sponsors are on a Nascar?
 
Back