Nation & Manufacturer Series / Changes to Race Duration and Entry Start Times

France
France
TLR_Jujultra
Good News!

With the beginning of the '2019/20 Exhibition Series - Season 1' starting on Wednesday September 18, the duration of the races in both the Nations Cup and Manufacturer Series will be extended in all Regions. As a consequence of this change, the start times for each Race Entry will also change.

■ Race Schedule Changes
 ・ The duration of the races will be extended to 60 minutes (from 40 minutes;)
 ・ The start times for Race Entries 1-3 will also change;
 ・ The intervals between races will also be extended by 5 minutes.

There are no changes to the number of Race Entries in a day.

■ New Regional Race Entry Start Times
[North America: PDT]
 ・Nations Cup: 15:00, 17:40, 20:20
 ・Manufacturer Series: 16:20, 19:00, 21:40

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_4637953.html

Probably slower lap times due to rainy conditions. Gotta extend race time. :sly:

Even without rain, it could still be real neat, especially given that tire/fuel consumption is usually enabled in these races. It seems a bit odd that I don’t see any races set at Tokyo Expressway, though, as it’d be a good opportunity to feature the wet layout(s). I bet the TBA locale is Spa, but I’d be fine if it was something else completely out of left field. I really do think it’s Spa, though, and regardless of what this mystery locale is, it’s coming later this month. Likely with those two leaked cars (the Ferrari Daytona and the muscle car), as the Taycan won’t be coming until October, alongside the Michelin update.

(On a side note, I wonder how much the game could change by the time we get the other two Porsche cars. I mean, just the car & track additions alone could be quite sizable, given the plan to have the Porsche VGT by the end of 2020, let alone all the other updates, tweaks and features.)

Last edited:
The new schedules are up already. No Spa, although both championships have Tokyo in the wet. Strangely the Nations races seem to be significantly longer than the Manu ones. More strangely, for quite a few of the races the Pit Info > Required Tires setting is set to some Comfort/Sport tires. Surely a mistake?

Oh, might actually be worth it to enter a couple. Now how much of those 60 minutes will be actual racing? Is the number of laps visible anywhere?

The new schedules are up already. No Spa, although both championships have Tokyo in the wet. Strangely the Nations races seem to be significantly longer than the Manu ones. More strangely, for quite a few of the races the Pit Info > Required Tires setting is set to some Comfort/Sport tires. Surely a mistake?

Where do you see this? I'm seeing a TBA course for each and no Tokyo Expressway. I'd imagine if they feature Tokyo wet, it'd just display the usual Tokyo Expressway logo, like they do for Red Bull Ring. I'd imagine the TBA course is Spa.

EDIT: Nevermind, found what you meant. Idk why the course would be listed as TBA, when it ought to be the typical Tokyo Expressway logo. Interestingly, the Nations Cup race is going to be a one-make with BoP on, so I'm not sure if this means it'll be an N-class car, even though it also says Racing Intermediates will be the tires used. It also says both races at Tokyo East will be at 7:40 with clear weather - maybe these two races are actually placeholders?

Last edited:
Where do you see this? I'm seeing a TBA course for each and no Tokyo Expressway. I'd imagine if they feature Tokyo wet, it'd just display the usual Tokyo Expressway logo, like they do for Red Bull Ring. I'd imagine the TBA course is Spa.

EDIT: Nevermind, found what you meant. Idk why the course would be listed as TBA, when it ought to be the typical Tokyo Expressway logo. Interestingly, the Nations Cup race is going to be a one-make with BoP on, so I'm not sure if this means it'll be an N-class car, even though it also says Racing Intermediates will be the tires used. It also says both races at Tokyo East will be at 7:40 with clear weather - maybe these two races are actually placeholders?
I assume that weirdness with the Tokyo races is just because the wet conditions aren't actually in the game yet.

Back