Nations Cup Or Manufacturers Series?

Which races do you focus on and why?

• Total voters
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I've had GT Sport pretty much since its release, but I've never put 100pc effort into it... 2020 could be it's last year, so it's time to change all that.

I'm a DR: D (creeping slowly but surely up to DR:C) and SR:S. I'm not kidding myself, I'm never gonna get to DR:A or DR:S, but my goal is to get to get my DR status up asap.

I'm gonna try and give this a real shot, and that probably means I can't really focus on both series, so I'd like all your 2 cents, please.

If the goal is simply to raise DR pick the races that you feel confident about getting a decent result. There's no real point in missing out on races that could boost your DR simply because you've decided to focus on the other competition. Choose your preferred event for each round.

If the goal is simply to raise DR pick the races that you feel confident about getting a decent result. There's no real point in missing out on races that could boost your DR simply because you've decided to focus on the other competition. Choose your preferred event for each round.

Yep, that’s exactly what I started doing.

I’m thinking about the new season. Do racers have any preferences over what series? I’ve only done a few but seems like there’s better race craft in the Manufactures Series

I've always gone with Manu. In the higher ranks Nations races tend to turn in to 1 make races. At least with Manu there's a variety of cars, so it makes the races more interesting when it comes to strategy. Hard to say if 1 series is cleaner than the other, it all depends on who you end up racing with.

I've always gone with Manu. In the higher ranks Nations races tend to turn in to 1 make races. At least with Manu there's a variety of cars, so it makes the races more interesting when it comes to strategy. Hard to say if 1 series is cleaner than the other, it all depends on who you end up racing with.

Makes sense. I’m tempted to invest my time in the Manufactures too!

My theory is, I will only have to learn 2 cars! But I think it’s harder to see how to rank up in your country though. Not that it matters I guess - I’m always scrolling to the back pages anyway

Makes sense. I’m tempted to invest my time in the Manufactures too!

My theory is, I will only have to learn 2 cars! But I think it’s harder to see how to rank up in your country though. Not that it matters I guess - I’m always scrolling to the back pages anyway
Yeah that's the other reason I skip Nations, too hard for me to adapt from one car to another.

There is some breakdown of results by Country in manu, but it'll only show for the drivers that are the same manufacturer as you.

I went from a perpetual B and below to comfortably A doing both of them every time from August 2018 up to the end of the official season this year in September. If you're mainly focused on improving your rating I'd probably recommend Manufacturer races purely because you're always driving the same car. You'll become more familiar and comfortable with it. At the same time though, you might improve more if you drive different classes and cars.

I went from a perpetual B and below to comfortably A doing both of them every time from August 2018 up to the end of the official season this year in September. If you're mainly focused on improving your rating I'd probably recommend Manufacturer races purely because you're always driving the same car. You'll become more familiar and comfortable with it. At the same time though, you might improve more if you drive different classes and cars.

Good point! I’ve got the two more exhibition seasons before I make my choice.

Problem is I can really only learn/practice 1 track per week. And when the races are Wednesday and Saturday it’s quite tight

I've only really ever focused on Manufacturer, and even then only Gr3.

But I haven't raced in months. The FFB is really dull compared to other games so I end playing something else.

I race both. This exhibition season, I've passed on Manu because of the upcoming Supra Gr.4. However, my choice really depends on how I'm feeling about replicating a racing experience. Meaning, focusing on just being a GT4/Gr.4 racer or only using real GT3 cars that race in Blancpain GT, at certain tracks.

When I get the Supra, I'll only be participating in Nations & Manu Gr.4 races.

Problem is I can really only learn/practice 1 track per week. And when the races are Wednesday and Saturday it’s quite tight
This is why I only do Manufacturers, there's no testing of cars to do for each race. With Nations, if there's a e.g. Gr.3 race, you'd ideally test every single car to see what works best for you. The best car from the free practice top 10 isn't necessarily the best car for the race or for you personally. So it's mainly about trying to cut down how much time I have to invest before each race, which sounds like the issue you have, too.

Back