• 10 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
Red Rock Valley Speedway (Alt)

Red Rock Valley Speedway (Alt).jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/friend/nowcontrol/course/1171327/

more great tracks to follow soon.

Here is a preview of something I chucked together on Thursday...
Raceway-Variations.jpg

All unfinished as yet because track-side objects and curbing is a chore.
Ranging from 2.40 miles [short] - 6.21 miles [full]

Last edited:
Red Rock Valley Speedway (Alt)

View attachment 455987

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/friend/nowcontrol/course/1171327/

more great tracks to follow soon.

Here is a preview of something I chucked together on Thursday...
View attachment 456016
All unfinished as yet because track-side objects and curbing is a chore.
Ranging from 2.40 miles [short] - 6.21 miles [full]

Hi nowcontrol
That Red Rock Valley Speedway looks similar like my design from my earlier thread: "Trying to create best alternative to ‘Red Rock Valley Speedway’"
It looks like we came to then similar idea ( at some place I read that great minds think alike)
Maybe we can exchange ideas on designing the track

Last edited:
Hey man that modification of Red Rock Valley Speedway looks the same as my design
I don't mind that you modify my original design, But you could give me a bit of credit though ...

Well I am sorry pal, but I never saw your idea/creation. :confused:
Me being a long time fan of RRVS and wanting to drive it in a more modern GT rendition most probably just lead to me having the exact same idea as you. 💡 Did you think that nobody else could ever have that same idea?.

👍

Did you have a drive around my version to see how it compares to yours?

Last edited:
Me being a long time fan of RRVS and wanting to drive it in a more modern GT rendition most probably just lead to me having the exact same idea as you. 💡 Did you think that nobody else could ever have that same idea?.

👍

No I haven't had a chance to drive your version. But I will try tonite
And I'll let you know what I think

My first design was 5km (3.11mi) and it looked too narrow and to short.
Now I came up with a longer and wider version of 5.8 km (3.6mi) which should be even faster

I'll post it tonite for the Community

By the way I came up wit an alternate version of Suzuka called Suzuka Twin: same length, same number of corners. But to avoid crossing I took mirror image of Suzuka West (I hope nobody had THIS idea so far. Lol)
You can check it on my home page:BrunoPro74's Track Wonderland
(You can find me in the registry as wel)

Last edited:

👍

Well it's not impossible that you had the exact same idea. Very unlikely though. NVM. Maybe this is a case where probability theory surprised us both
No I haven't had a chance to drive your version. But I will try tonite
And I'll let you know what I think

My first design was 5km (3.11mi) and it looked too narrow and to short.
Now I came up with a longer and wider version of 5.8 km (3.6mi) which should be even faster

I'll post it tonite for the Community

By the way I came up wit an alternate version of Suzuka called Suzuka Twin: same length, same number of corners. But to avoid crossing I took mirror image of Suzuka West (I hope nobody had THIS idea so far. Lol)
You can check it on my home page:BrunoPro74's Track Wonderland
(You can find me in the registry as wel)
All I can say is, with so many trying to recreate older tracks, and crossovers not possible, it would be plausible that two could have a similar idea. The tracks are slightly different, and having tried and enjoyed both, does it really matter?

Anyway, Bruno...if yours was just a bit wider it would be slightly better in my opinion. Will try out your Suzuka Twin when I get the chance.

Thanks to both of you for giving the community an alternative version of a lost track that many enjoyed 👍

All I can say is, with so many trying to recreate older tracks, and crossovers not possible, it would be plausible that two could have a similar idea. The tracks are slightly different, and having tried and enjoyed both, does it really matter?

Anyway, Bruno...if yours was just a bit wider it would be slightly better in my opinion. Will try out your Suzuka Twin when I get the chance.

Thanks to both of you for giving the community an alternative version of a lost track that many enjoyed 👍
Thanks Bowtie-muscle
Yes I agree and as I said to nowcontrol as well we all work for the same cause here: to create some great tracks that we will all enjoy. I've driven his track and I have to say it's a great layout. Nice geometrical shape. However it was a bit too narrow and too wavy for my liking. Still very nice flow. That's his approach and I respect that: it's nice to have variety even in similar layouts.
Cheers guys

Hey man
That Red Rock Valley Speedway looks exactly like my design
I opened a conversation with some members on October 1st where I shared that exact original layout
Here is the name of the thread:"
Trying to create best alternative to ‘Red Rock Valley Speedway’
In a way I'm glad that my idea lives on and that it is accepted. I don't mind that you modify my original design since we all work here to create some wonderful tracks
But you could give me a bit of credit though ...
Are we really going to do this? Start calling each other out because someone made the same track as you? Please...

Back