Need a Fast out of the Gate General Tune

United States
Florida - USA
Flsurffisher
Did some GT5 racing today and noticed guys with virtually the same car were much faster off the starting block than I was (500pp limit). I cranked up the initial torque and that definitely did help. However, are there any other things I can do to improve a fast start?! Thanks!

Did some GT5 racing today and noticed guys with virtually the same car were much faster off the starting block than I was (500pp limit). I cranked up the initial torque and that definitely did help. However, are there any other things I can do to improve a fast start?! Thanks!
GT6? You're going to have to wait till Friday

Transmission settings and LSD settings can have a big impact on your standing starts.

Would recommend trying the tranny tuning method Praiano describes in his GT5 thread. Then fine tuning the settings on the Speed test track.

Note; the best settings for the quickest 1/4 mile or 1 mile times may not provide the best performance in circuit racing and for top speed runs.

Also more torque especially lower in the rev range can help as long as your LSD settings allow the chosen tires to transfer the energy without just spinning the wheels.

Transmission settings and LSD settings can have a big impact on your standing starts.

Would recommend trying the tranny tuning method Praiano describes in his GT5 thread. Then fine tuning the settings on the Speed test track.

Note; the best settings for the quickest 1/4 mile or 1 mile times may not provide the best performance in circuit racing and for top speed runs.

Also more torque especially lower in the rev range can help as long as your LSD settings allow the chosen tires to transfer the energy without just spinning the wheels.

Thnx man!

Back