Need a help on my Tunes

• Thread starter Vali15
  • 4 comments
Austria
Austria
Vali156
Hi there.
I have the problem that some of my cars are understeering heavily when entering corners on higher speed. So my question or request is if anybody has something like a recipe that works on most/all cars to stop them from understeering?

Lower your l.s.d. accel, and dampers a couple notches. Trial n error^^
make your rear ride hight a notch or 2 higher then front.
there's a lot of things you can do.

Check out MotorCitys tune shop. He goes into a lot of things and adjustments, worth checking out.

Last edited:
Check out MotorCitys tune shop. He goes into a lot of things and adjustments, worth checking out.

Thank you for the recommendation. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/#post-9003797

I am still working on my tuning guide, but the LSD guide is up. That will help cars a lot. I tested a bunch tonight and have a good idea how most of the tuning settings are working in GT6. Ride height, ARB, toe and camber are all making sense to me (what they do in GT6, not what they do in RL). As for springs and dampers I can get them to affect the car balance, but I am struggling to find lap time. Stock settings seem really good. I have been making minor adjustments from stock and finding small amounts of lap time, but go too far and the tune turns to junk. I plan to spend the next couple of nights focusing just on spring and dampers. Maybe even ask my friend Praiano for some thoughts.

Here are some things that I took note of tonight:

- Ride height is a balance of "do not go too low." Too low and the car loses grip. Ride height needs to be looked at for different types of tracks. Way more important than it was in GT5. A slammed car could get around the Nurburgring in GT5. In GT6 slammed at the Ring will cause handling issues.

- Camber is jacked in GT6. Zero is the most grip. Tested it again tonight on a really good tune that had 2.0/1.0 camber. I changed to 0/0 and it felt like the car changed from sport hard tires to sport mediums and the lap time fell by 0.4 seconds - no other changes were made. I try to use all of this magical zero setting grip, but a quick fix to understeer problems is to set camber at 0/2.5 or more in the rear.

- Toe settings seem to work as described in the game. Rear seems to have more of an impact. Toe in (positive number) in the rear will add stability. Toe out (negative number) will encourage rear rotation. I use up to -35 on FFs. Front toe seems to add mid corner turning ability, but there seems to be minimal effect past a certain number. For example, if -0.10 helped gain more front, going to -0.50 front will not give you five times more front grip.

- Anti-roll bars seem to be 1 equals most grip and 7 equals the least. I say this yet I haven't been willing to run 1/1. I need to do more testing. Stock settings of 3/3 is what I have been using and then just moving a little from there to gain rotation or stability. Think 2/5 for rotation or 4/3 for stability. I want to test 1/1, but I think it needs to be done along with dampers and springs that will take on some of the body roll issues with 1/1.

- Springs and dampers are next in testing. I just cannot find big gains here. Stock settings work. I can use dampers to slow down body role, but lap times are similar. I will be throwing some thought and testing against this for the rest of the week.

Try some of these things and let me know if you find similar results. All of the above setting can be forgotten about if you do not follow my LSD guide. The LSD can ghost a lot of handling problems. The LSD must be set up first in my opinion or you are just wasting your time.

Back