Need a Question Answered

  • Thread starter Thread starter STALLIONO
  • 15 comments
  • 793 views
Messages
1,446
United States
United States
My PS3 broke a week before the release of GT6. Is it worth it to go out and buy another PS3? I checked on Ebay, the ps3s are almost the same as in cost used. Plus you really don'y know what your getting from ebay. Then i'm hearing GT7 will be released in 2014.. Someone help me out here. I love racing games. I really don't want to play Forza 5. Give me some input guys.
 
Personally, I'd only buy electronics new, never used or refurb. That said, GT7 might come out in 2014, but GT6 is out now. The answer for me is pretty obvious - a new PS3 and GT6.
 
Great thread title. If you want to play GT6 you buy a PS3, simple. Nobody knows when the next iteration comes for PS4.
 
I bought a used PS3 slim off craigslist for $100. Works like a charm so far. *knocks on wood*
 
PS3's are so cheap now, and I think there is a bundle with GT6 and another game, maybe the Last Of Us. But yeah only one option, and it doesn't involve buying a ridiculously expensive XB1.
 
Or you could get into PC sim racing if you have a decent PC while waiting for GT7 for PS4
 
I would play it safe and suggest getting a new one. The slim does not have the issues as the original PS3 so a used should be OK as well.
 
My PS3 broke a week before the release of GT6. Is it worth it to go out and buy another PS3? I checked on Ebay, the ps3s are almost the same as in cost used. Plus you really don'y know what your getting from ebay. Then i'm hearing GT7 will be released in 2014.. Someone help me out here. I love racing games. I really don't want to play Forza 5. Give me some input guys.
I would go out and get a bundle deal with GT6, they are here in Australia and pretty cheap also. They would have them in the States no doubt.
 
I live in the US.. I haven't seen anything for this bundle yet. If it does come to US. How much would this bundle go for. Cause i can get a PS3 bundle for 200.
 
Thanks for the info. They actually have the Batman arkman bundle for 200. I believe it's a 250gb. I'm going to wait and see if the GT6 bundle comes to America. That bundle would be worth it. Also, it depends on the price
 
I'd buy another PS3 if I were you. Then you can play GT6 and also any other games you like before the PS4 really gets into it's stride which will probably be this time next year.
 
TB
Personally, I'd only buy electronics new, never used or refurb. That said, GT7 might come out in 2014, but GT6 is out now. The answer for me is pretty obvious - a new PS3 and GT6.
There is nothing wrong with most refurb work, I used to do it at an OEM where I worked. All units went through the same QC and testing after being redone and were offered with usual manufacturer warranty. I suppose that some companies may do things differently, but if they offer new unit warranty I would not think twice about buying refurb items. I actually have many times and have yet to have any trouble with them.
 
There is nothing wrong with most refurb work, I used to do it at an OEM where I worked. All units went through the same QC and testing after being redone and were offered with usual manufacturer warranty. I suppose that some companies may do things differently, but if they offer new unit warranty I would not think twice about buying refurb items. I actually have many times and have yet to have any trouble with them.

Like i said before. The used ones are just about the same price as a new one. I don't trust Craigslist. I'd never buy any PS3 from the people on Craigslist. It's really a tough call. Does anyone, have any info on the PS3 gt6 Bundle coming to the States? I would much rather wait for that.
 
Back