Need a tune for the RX7 LM Race Car

United States
United States
I've searched for a tune for this car only to be lead down a rabbit hole of dead links, would anyone happen to have any good tunes for this? Preferably with the stage 4 turbo equipped? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sure, this is what I put together for it, with the stage 4 turbo and an oil change:

tyres: R3 / R3
brake balance: 5 / 4

spring rates: 8.5 / 7.5
ride height: 105 / 95
damper bounds: 3 / 5
damper rebounds: 2 / 4
camber: 2.5 / 2.5
toe: 0 / 0
stabilisers: 6 / 6

gears: final gear to 5.500, then auto setup to 1, then final gear to 2.500, then 1st through 6th to 2.964, 2.383, 1.887, 1.528, 1.240, 1.009

downforce: 38 / 53
LSD initial: 60
LSD accel: 60
LSD decel: 12
ballast: 50kg at 50 balance

ASM [oversteer + understeer]: 0
TCS: 0 (can be raised to 1 for bumpy tracks like Opera Paris)

Main goal with this car was to improve rear wheel traction and turning ability, as the car tends to understeer a bit with stock settings. Hence, the front ride height bias and the ballast. I got it to a point where it was exiting corners nicely without feeling too unbalanced. With the stage 4 turbo, the RX-7's power band is pretty steep at high-RPM's, so the gear trick with auto setup 1 and close gears helps it out a lot. 1st gear can be safely used out of corners too.

Max'd out the LSD initial and accel for more corner exit stability. Mediums on both sides lasted over 5 laps on Suzuka.

Hope this helps out, it's a really fun car to drive IMO. Feel free to make adjustments if you want to fine-tune it.

Edit: made some adjustments so the car doesn't drive like a rickety bag of bolts on Nurburgring.

Last edited:
Sure, this is what I put together for it, with the stage 4 turbo and an oil change:

tyres: R3 / R3
brake balance: 5 / 4

spring rates: 18.0 / 14.0
ride height: 105 / 80
damper bounds: 6 / 8
damper rebounds: 4 / 6
camber: 2.2 / 2.5
toe: 0 / 0
stabilisers: 6 / 6

gears: final gear to 5.500, then auto setup to 1, then final gear to 2.500, then 1st through 6th to 2.964, 2.383, 1.887, 1.528, 1.240, 1.009

downforce: 38 / 53
LSD initial: 20
LSD accel: 60
LSD decel: 15
ballast: 25kg at 50 balance

ASM [oversteer + understeer]: 0
TCS: 0 (can be raised to 1 for bumpy tracks like Opera Paris)

Main goal with this car was to improve rear wheel traction and turning ability, as the car tends to understeer a bit with stock settings. Hence, the front ride height bias and the ballast. I got it to a point where it was exiting corners nicely without feeling too unbalanced. With the stage 4 turbo, the RX-7's power band is pretty steep at high-RPM's, so the gear trick with auto setup 1 and close gears helps it out a lot. 1st gear can be safely used out of corners too.

Max'd out the LSD accel and set the rear damper bound / front damper rebound to 8 / 4 for more corner exit stability, with a light initial and decel, a front spring rate bias and a front damper bound / rear damper rebound of 6 / 6 so the car doesn't lose grip entering corners. 2.5 rear camber worked well for mid-corner grip, could be raised if you want to make the car feel more balanced. Mediums on both sides lasted over 5 laps on Suzuka.

Hope this helps out, it's a really fun car to drive IMO. Feel free to make adjustments if you want to fine-tune it.
Finally had time to sink my teeth into this tune, and I have to thank you so much for what you've done here. I am still struggling in some of the extreme events against the Le mans prototypes and group c's, but the challenge feels far more manageable compared to before, and I've been able to eke out a few victories with this tune.

I do have one question to ask, if I wanted to use this build for the default engine without the tune, would the standard gears suffice or is there a better close gears setup? I am still new to close gears in general.

Nice one, glad it's working out. Yeah, beating LMP's with cars like this is quite difficult due to the lack of downforce, but it's a fun challenge nonetheless.

If you're reducing power, you can keep the individual gears arranged as they are, you just need to adjust the final gear so the car launches properly in 1st gear. Auto setup 1, with the gears arranged in that pattern, will give the closest gears regardless of where the final gear is.

Back