Need advice - funky houseMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter gt4005
  • 15 comments
  • 716 views
Messages
355
Hi mates,

I've recently listened to BFBS radio where they played some house / funky house tracks. I understood that they play tracks from MoS. I ordered Funky House Sessions and I'm waiting for it to come.

Well what I want to know if you'd advice me to buy The Annual 2005 or another cd. I read that the music contains more mixes instead of pure house?? Whatever that means....

I'm not an expert in house music. Could you enumerate which cd's are worth to buy them?

Thank you very much.
 
Stay away from The Annual 2005. Stay far, far away. MOS has been sucking a lot lately and most of the recent stuff they have put out has been cheese. 👎
 
Integra Type R
Stay away from The Annual 2005. Stay far, far away. MOS has been sucking a lot lately and most of the recent stuff they have put out has been cheese. 👎


Sounds if they're only on the make and not after quality :(

Are there any other labels I should have an eye on?
 
Don't get me wrong. MOS does have some good stuff, just that lately it's been crap. That's just my opinion though. Check out the albums on amazon.com and give them a listen first. I'm no expert on house music either, but some nice mellow tempo stuff is the the Global Underground series by Sasha. Good stuff 👍
 
Thanks I'll try to find something.

Man I'm so tired. Good night all.
 
My favorite Global Underground Album is Nubreed by Anthony Pappa, they're in fact the best house compilation I've ever heard. Not only the tracks are great, but it's very well mixed, with awesome transitions.

You can listen a few samples of all the tracks here, although they're a bit short and don't do justice to the album, but you can get a fairly good idea.

Sorry Mate, You've Got The Wrong House and Better Make Room alone are make the album worth buying IMO.
 
Young_Warrior
Ewwwwwwww house music.


Go away.

My favorite Global Underground Album is Nubreed by Anthony Pappa, they're in fact the best house compilation I've ever heard. Not only the tracks are great, but it's very well mixed, with awesome transitions.

You can listen a few samples of all the tracks here, although they're a bit short and don't do justice to the album, but you can get a fairly good idea.

Sorry Mate, You've Got The Wrong House and Better Make Room alone are make the album worth buying IMO.

Woo hoo, those are cool. 👍
 
Carl.
My favorite Global Underground Album is Nubreed by Anthony Pappa, they're in fact the best house compilation I've ever heard. Not only the tracks are great, but it's very well mixed, with awesome transitions.

You can listen a few samples of all the tracks here, although they're a bit short and don't do justice to the album, but you can get a fairly good idea.

Sorry Mate, You've Got The Wrong House and Better Make Room alone are make the album worth buying IMO.

Thanks Carl!

I'll check them out!

Edit: I like them. Well most of them. It's so great to relax while listening to it. so I could buy millions of CD's.

Great :D

Those songs are really good.

Thanks again Carl!

Moments of space sounds well too. Superb
 
You're welcome, glad you like it. :)

I've been digging for my 2 CDs for a while today, after I posted that, but I haven't found them yet. :irked:

If I don't I'll probably buy it again...
 
Carl.
You're welcome, glad you like it. :)

I've been digging for my 2 CDs for a while today, after I posted that, but I haven't found them yet. :irked:

If I don't I'll probably buy it again...

Don't worry. You'll find them one day! I should go to amazon and buy some cd's after I'll have listened to funky house sessions.

But I'm quite sure I'll like it. Unfortunately I can't check out some ofd the tracks from The Anual 2006.

Maybe I look after a MoS Forum.
 
Viper Zero
Global Underground #28 mixed by Nick Warren is excellent.


Thanks for the link. The music sounds good too but the audition test should be longer. At least 1 minute. Most of the tracks are starting to change after 1 minute..

So I'm for longer audition tests! Are there any DJ's I should have a look at?
 
Deep Dish
Sasha
Bad Boy Bill
Steve Lawler
James Holden
Filterheadz

Just a couple that came to mind.
 
Viper Zero
Deep Dish
Sasha
Bad Boy Bill
Steve Lawler
James Holden
Filterheadz

Just a couple that came to mind.


Grat. Thanks a lot. I've listen to Funky house few times and it's great. A friend of mine has given me some house Cd's for listening and it's great! The Disco Boys and some other.

I can't keep track of all this stuff. I only know that I want to listen to cool beats atm.

@all
Is Global Underground 13 good too? There are so many Undergrounds... It's not easy to look through :(
 
Back