Glen Burnie
c0deRealityRM
I'm going to try it but I have a few questions:

1.) Can I run iRacing on my pc?

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU
M 380 @2.53 GHz

RAM: 4.00 GB of RAM (3.68 usable)

Graphics card: intel(R) HD Graphics

2.) I want to race oval's but i do not have enough money for a wheel, how do I set up my xbox 360 controller for iRacing?

Thankyou! -Meds9624 :)

I'm pretty sure it will be next to impossible to race with a controller on iracing. It doesn't have any of the built in steering aids like console games. One of the minimum requirements on their site is a steering wheel. I really doubt your pc will run it anyway without a graphics card.

Thats not true bevo. I know plenty of people who race on a controller and while the learning curve is steeper they are still able to be very competitive.

Hallowedhoosier, that setup will work fantastic, but you'll need to update your graphics card. I would suggest a AMD Radeon 6770. Feel free to shoot me a PM, Id be happy to answer any other questions you have about the game! :D

I'm going to try it but I have a few questions:

1.) Can I run iRacing on my pc?

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU
M 380 @2.53 GHz

RAM: 4.00 GB of RAM (3.68 usable)

Graphics card: intel(R) HD Graphics

2.) I want to race oval's but i do not have enough money for a wheel, how do I set up my xbox 360 controller for iRacing?

Thankyou! -Meds9624 :)

I actually have worse specs than that, and the same Intel HD crap graphics accelerator. If you run at minimum (when you go through the initial hardware setup, tell it to run minimum, don't let it automatically configure), you will be able to run iracing fine. I run at 1080x1920. I could get better frame rates if I ran at 720, but it's just so much clearer at 1080 that I'm willing to take the large FPS hit.

And no, I don't think you want to use the xbox controller. It is possible, but in my opinion it's a waste of money. Iracing is a really in depth, and challenging sim and you just can't get enough out of it with a controller. You really should get a wheel first. Logitech DFGT is only 80 on ebay

You won't get good performance out of an Intel graphics card... :(

It's not even a graphics card, it's a graphics accelerator. Basically, instead of having RAM dedicated for graphics like you would a graphics card, it runs off of the system RAM. So that 4 GB's of ram he has, has to do more than normal.

Your web browser takes 100-200mb of that RAM, windows takes over 1gb, other programs like virus protection, add up to a few more hundred mb, and it leaves you with 2gb supposedly.

What I have found though, is that to get it running smoothly, with minimum FPS drops, and page faults is you have to set iracing to use only 256mb of RAM for graphics, and 1300mb for processing. Obviously graphics are set to class 1.

As you can imagine, it's not very pretty, but in 1080p it actually looks pretty good, but depending on the track, only runs around 35/40 FPS. On some tracks it'll run 55FPS, but some only 30 FPS.

I want to buy a graphics card, but I don't know how to install it, I have a laptop so it's a pain. Plus it's under warranty, and I don't want to void it.

Basically though, you can still run iracing even on a computer like this.

If iracing didn't need to use an internet browser to work, it would improve things immensely but oh well.

Netkar actually runs fine and looks great on my computer, and LFS looks and runs even better.

Back