Need advice on possible racing cockpit purchase ?

• Thread starter manou
  • 1 comments
France
Paris/France
Manou001
Manou001
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about upgrading my current setup, and I'm looking at the new Next Level Racing GTLite Pro that came out recently.

My current setup: Wheel Stand Pro + Logitech G29 + Ikea Poang with a strong strap between the wheelstand and the armchair.

I mainly play Gran Turismo.

It’s comfortable, sturdy, and I don’t have any complaint about it. But I’m looking at the Gtlite Pro, and it looks nice. Money is not an issue, but being foldable and easy to put on the side is important (wife criteria… :/).

I mean I love the Playseat Trophy, it looks great, but it’s just not an option with my wife.

Question is: would you recommand me to go ahead and buy it, or should I stick with my stuff and keep my money?

Some pictures of my setup :

20230803_160046.jpg

20230803_160104.jpg

20230803_160121.jpg

Good on you! I have an NLR GT Lite. Earlier generation, but basically the same.

I think the comfort upgrades to the seat are worthwhile, but the brace strapping is overkill. You do NOT need bracing there if the pedal deck is flat to the floor. It will only lift if inclined, and hence the 'fix' which is unnecessary. I only discovered this though trial and error.

I had a G29 mounted to mine, and upgraded to a DD Pro, and now a Logitech G Pro. With LOTS of bracing (the two included shipping and bracing straps are great for this), as well as some home-made solutions - cloth tape, believe it or not, up and over the wheelbase!), gave me a huge improvement.

You can decrease the flex a LOT. Perservere. I just ordered an NLR aluminium profile rig - the GT Elite - because I am very happy with the design and production of these rigs. Boosted Media is now a huge fan.

By the way, there are quite a few YouTube sites which have 'fixes' for the flex issues, amongst them NLR themselves. Good luck!

Last edited:
Back