Need answer FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter ikonrott85
  • 20 comments
  • 1,583 views
Messages
178
Hey my ps3 took a dump today and took it to get it repaired and its unrepairable something with the harddrive. My question is.. I have all of my GT5 data backed up on 4 different flash drives 1 for each of my 4 accounts. I also remember my email address and password for each of my accounts. I need to buy a new ps3 but before I do will I be able to load my Saved data on the new PS3 and pick up where I left off playing? if not im not going to waste my time or money on a new ps3. thanks guys!
 
I have heard that save data is restricted to the PS3 it originated from. However I have also heard about people playing with the game saves in an effort to crack them. I'm not sure how far people have gotten with this. I'm also no expert on the subject.
 
Can your ps3 still startup? If yes, just set your saved data on a memory stick or something, if no, say goodbye
 
Yes my GT5 saved data is on my memory stick but will it work in a new ps3?
 
PS3s are not nearly reliable enough, leaving it running 150 hours a week for GT5 is over the top and a slap in the face to those who are not filthy Rich. I know leaving it on isnt good despite what they say about it being able to run indefinitely. I've already gone through one PS3, if the next doesnt last atleast 3 years I'll be pissed and likely to do something other than sit and pout.
 
Yes my GT5 saved data is on my memory stick but will it work in a new ps3?

Yep, but to use it you will need to activate psn account where that save was. But because you remember all password etc it shouldn't be a problem. =)
 
I think that if you use the same user name and the same PSN ID it will work, otherwise what is the point of a backup feature?
 
You can copy with a USB memory stick
 
Well I guess Ill go buy a new ps3 but if it doesnt work im taking it back.
 
it will work, i used my psn account and saved game from a usb drive on my brothers ps3
 
Can u not just replace the hard drive? No need to buy a new console
 
Yea, if the hard drive craps out why not a new HD? I have an original PS3 that my GF got me when they first came out (she stalks every GameStop till she found, that's why I'm marrying her lol :) )

Anywho, I've been thinking of swapping out the HD after a backup b/c I don't trust it for too much longer....I'd go the route of getting a new HD first, they're cheap enough now.

Tim
 
yes your game save data will work on a new ps3 as long as you use the same psn account on your new ps3 as you did with your old ps3. your game data is tied to your playstation network id, not the actual ps3 you are using. i have tested it on multiple ps3's and it worked just fine
 
I know ikon will be happy to hear this as am I. I currently use my roommates PS3 but next year I will probably get my own.
 
IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just got home with my new ps3 put the game in, did the update and restored my game save and Im good to go!!!!!!!!!!. $5 flash drive WORTH IT!!! I would suggest EVERYONE buy one and back up your saved gt5 data. I feel like im on top of the world right now! LOL.
 
LOL @ whoever says its bad to let your ps3 run continually. I have left the computer Im on right now run non stop for the past 3 YEARS, only being turned off due to power outages and such.

The new PS3's dont overheat and even if they do they have an auto shutoff to prevent any damage being done. The HDD frying isnt anything to do with a bad PS3 it is just a failed 2.5" SATA HDD, and you can go buy a 750GB HDD to fit in the PS3 for 70 bucks anyways.

The old one's are a different story, poor soldering used just like in the old 360's.
 
PS3s are not nearly reliable enough, leaving it running 150 hours a week for GT5 is over the top and a slap in the face to those who are not filthy Rich. I know leaving it on isnt good despite what they say about it being able to run indefinitely. I've already gone through one PS3, if the next doesnt last atleast 3 years I'll be pissed and likely to do something other than sit and pout.

I have a launch day 60 gig, not one ounce of trouble. How is that unreliable?
 
It has to do with people never cleaning them, letting dust build up alot which insulates alot of heat on the inside and then on top of that having it in a place where it gets warm anyways, easy way to fry any electronics.

My computer has been on for literally hundreds upon hundreds of hours at a time. Thousands even.
 
There are problems with any electronic device but if you take care of it (cleaning dust) and keeping it well ventilated it should not have a problem. I use a battery operated shop vac to clean out the dust from the vents about once a week during regularly house cleaning. Bit of advice though, use a vacuum cleaner instead of canisters of air because you will be blowing the dust into your ps3 instead of out.

I'm still rocking out a 40gb fat model. Ofcourse with a 640 HDD.
 
Back