Need assisstance with my GTO in a hard tuned race.

United States
The U.S
Blu_Subaru22
Well i fully tuned out my GTO. But I CAN'Tcontrol it when i use brakes. Especially in grand valley speedway 2 and autumn ring 2. My car will swerve. I bought stabilizers, racing suspension, racing brakes, and brake balance controllers. What can i do about this?

I know you are wondering why i am still playing an old game, but this was the only gran turismo I did not beat completely. Mainly because at a young age, all i did was play it with a gameshark.

Perhaps try raising front brake balance relative to rear (perhaps means reducing rear brake balance). Maybe raise front spring rate and dampers too, to reduce dive. Perhaps raise camber a little, and perhaps even out the values front and rear. I found overpowered 4WD more controllable that way.

Or... don't brake so hard?

In the Hard-Tuned Championship you can't race-mod your car right? The GTO, in its 930 horsepower glory, without downforce, is not a good handling car. Keep that in mind. That said, the way I turn corners in this car is by swinging its rear end massively during entry, then using as little steering as possible, try to make it round with throttle control so it does not understeer. It's a very weird way of cornering, but fastest with this overpowered pig. If you can't master that yet, I suggest detuning the GTO to around 600 horses. It's plenty enough to win the Hard-Tuned Cup.

It was a Trueno. And it would be a really fun prize except that the game won't let you enter it in the Lightweight Battle Stage because of an oversight in the setting up of the entry list. Did you get white, or blue or pink?

That Trueno is still pretty special though, because it has a carbonfibre hood and black rims. Very similar to the one in Initial D basically.

When tuned (with or without race-mod), the Sileighty is one of the best cars in the game. Perhaps tune a Sileighty and try to win the Hard-Tuned series.

My favourite for the series was the Nissan 180SX'94 Type X. It was sort of a benchmark for me. I was in proper [size=+1]GT1[/size] playing mode if I could easily win the series in that car.

You win a Sileighty at the FR series.

Here's my terse names for cars I have noted as winning with...
(Sorry, at this moment they're not uniquely identifiable in some cases)

180SX
180SX'94
400R
Cerbera
Cosmo13B
Cosmo20B
EvoIII
EvoIV
FCRX7III
FDRX7'91
FTO'94GPX
Fairlady
GT-R
GTO'92tt
GTO'95MR
GTO'95tt
GTR'91
GTR'95
GTR'95Vspec
GTRVspec
Grif4.0
Griffith500
Impreza'94WG
Impreza'95WG
JZA70Supra
Legacy'93
Legacy'93WG
MA70Supra
NSX'91
NSX'93
NismoGTR
Prelude'94
Pulsar
R32GT-R'89
R32VspecII
RT/10
SVXL
SVXS4
SZ-R'95
Silvia'88K
Silvia'91K
Silvia'91Q
Silvia'95K
Soarer
Supra'95RZ
SupraRZ
TourerV'92
ViperGTS
WRX'94SD
WRX'95SD

Rereading my notes make it seem likely I did win with the Silvia'91Q.
I.e. that it was not a transcription error.

1213-1218 Silvia'91Q Tuned q66124,34313,3rd32to30,(24),18,16,5 8-(
1219-1224 Silvia'91Q Tuned q66132,43311,1st29to28,25,22,16,5 blueTrueno(sold)

See, because the AI often "trade points", you can sometimes win this series with only two wins. And the series win was my second recorded attempt.

Or... Only one win...

1180-1185 Cosmo13B Tuned q66166,22331,1st29to27,22,22,20,5 blueSkyline(sold)

Nothing else seems particularly suspicious. The Pulsar can be quite amazing.

Oddly enough, I have no record of entering a Sileighty. :P But I'm sure it would be reasonably dominant without being excessively overpowering. Perhaps I was thinking of my game where I used the Nissan Fairlady Z turbo as much as possible.

Last edited:
Back