Need for Speed Carbon (PS2) - How to make the General Lee = Instructions inside

• Thread starter Ermac26
  • 5 comments
I highly doubt this has ever been discussed, however, I'm trying soo hard to make the General Lee in this game. I have the 1969 Dodge Charger as used in the show and I want to make it very badly. I have the car and have painted it the closest Orange I can make it. The only trouble I'm having is making the Confederate Flag on the roof.

So my main question is has anyone made it and if so, can they post the steps in which I can use to create my favourite tv car in the world?

Please note, I have already painted the numbers 01 on the sides ( mirrored the best that I could ).

Assistance with this would be greatly appreciated and IF possible some pics of the finished car would be awesome, too.

Note = I'm talking about the PS2 version ;)

Did ya check the rest of the net? It usually has some guides to build cars like this..

Trust me I have searched and am searching for something that gives me an idea on how to create this dang thing...not very easy and google is not helping anymore almost.

you know how to move the decals when u buy then right? Cuz as long as u do that, u can find the UK flag, move it too the roof of the car(make sure u turn off the reverse image thing so there isnt another image of the flag in the opposite position).Then go to the number decals and choose 01 to put on the car, if only one side comes up just do it twice and move the second one to the other side of the car. Make the body orange. and ur pretty much set to go... the body parts im not really sure of, its been a while since ive played it.

I was tryng to see if anyone made the flag manually...I'm in the process of doing this after being advised to just use the shapes and make multiple layers ( 27 total including the numbers ) and then the car will be complete...The following are the things I found -

1. 2 rectangles - white and blue
2. 8 triangles - 4 white and 4 red
3. 13 stars - white

This will make the flag. The only thing that'll be missing is the words " General Lee "

This is how to make the car without hacking

Thanks though ;) to all who responded

Edit (June 24/2007) = This is going to be a little bit more of a detailed description on how to create the Confederate Flag for the roof of the car. The numbers are self explanitory. You nedd two 1 and two 0 and will need to be to either side of the car because Mirror is not available for the numbers :dunce: :confused: The numbers are Black with White outline.

Note - You are going to need to turn Mirror off -

1. First start by picking the best looking rectangle there is in the Shapes vinyl listing. I picked the Shape that looks like a square but the cath is it's a little squewed and will need to straighten it the best you can. Start by placing it on the roof and stretch and squew it the best you can. Basically sizing it to the best scale possiblefor the roof of the car. This one is going to be White which is going to be the flags outine when done.

2. Second get another rectangle and place it over the first one. Again shape and size and squew the best you can over the white one you placed earlier. This one however is going to be a bit smaller than the first one. This square is going to make the X in the centre when done. This rectangle is going to be Blue.

3. Next is the triangle. I'm going to write the whole thing as step 3 because you are going to need 8 triangles. Basically make four triangles and place them on top of the Blue rectangle. These four triangle are going to be White which will the white outline. Please make sure you have turned Mirror off because the rectanlge is not exactly straight on all four sides making it look uncentred and deformed when you place the triangles on top. Anyway, the four white triangles are going to be shaped and sized the best you can to form the X from the blue rectangle. Then repeat the process with four more triangles but these next four are going to be Red. These four trianlges are going to be slightly smaller to make the outline from the Blue X to Red trianlges. This third step is going to take awhile but will look decent when complete.

4. Lastly you are going to need 13 White Stars. The easiest way to place them is of course moving them to the roof and turning Mirror off and making them small enough to fit inside the Blue X. Anyway, place one Star in the middle ( again it's not going to be the exact centre because remember the rectanlges where not straight to begin with ) then after the one in the middle is placed the other 12 will be palced far enough apart to make them look like they are even.

After is all is said and done you will have made the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazard ( more specifically the TV version because the flag ontop of the car in the opening credits when it jumps Sheriff Rosco's car was hand painted and nothing was even and exact ;) ). The catch however is you are not going to have the words " General Lee " above each door because there are no letters or words in the game. The PC version I hear is easier because you can get the image from the internet and place it in the Vinyl folder found in the games folder.

I know there are only 4 steps however keep in mind this takes a lot of time and patience to pull off and you may need to fill in the blanks with stuff that I never said but it's all straight forward.

If you have questions or concerns please leave me a message within this thread and I'll respond ASAP to your query ;)

Thanks a bunch :cheers:

Back