Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012) - Ultimate Speed Pack

• Thread starter CrossTurbo
  • 16 comments
United States
Newark
Koolestboy
NFSMW2012PaganiZondaR.jpg
[/quote]

EA News recently announced the first DLC - titled as Ultimate Speed Pack - for Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012). It will be released on December 18 and will feature more than 70 multiplayer speed-themed milestones. Also included are five additional vehicles:

Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse
Hennessey Venom GT
Lamborghini Aventador J
McLaren F1 LM

For each car, there will also be five singleplayer events, making it 25 new events altogether.

The Ultimate Speed Pack will be available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 800 MS Points, and for $9.99 on PlayStation Store and Origin

This hardly needed it's own topic. Everyone drooled over it in the Most Wanted topic already....

At least someone made another thread about NFS:MW. Other NFS titles have multiple threads for each discussion. We put everything in one topic like it's our own separate board.

At least someone made another thread about NFS:MW. Other NFS titles have multiple threads for each discussion. We put everything in one topic like it's our own separate board.
Exactly. It's tedious to sift through all those pages looking for specific info.

I've found 4 out of 5 billboards and 10 of what I assume is 15 jackspots (since the progress menu doesn't track jackspot count for some reason). Anyone find them all yet?

Here's a tip for all jack spots. The cars are usually placed somewhat close to an event it's in. So fine one & you can easily find the other 2.

I got them all of both now. I don't know what events they have cause the game still wouldn't show the USP in the in-game store.

4 out of 5 billboards are just new makeshift ramps they plopped down. Was expecting more use of the jumps that already existed without billboards on them.

I don't know if it's me, but I don't even think you need to find the new cars, they are already there in the EasyDrive menu and are marked off on the map, or at least that was the way it was for me.

This might not be a fair comparison, but when compared to Horizon's Rally expansion, this DLC felt a little underwhelming and overpriced. 5 new billboards for example seem very little when you think of how many the core game came with.

This DLC hasn't appeared in the PSN Store for me yet, or in-game itself. The game updated yesterday when it was supposed to be released, but no sign 👎:grumpy:

EDIT:

Grr. A whole system update and still NOTHING.

Last edited:
this DLC felt a little underwhelming and overpriced.
You don't understand the time spent making the DLC, testing it, fixing the problems, retesting it & the Licensing for the cars. All of that takes time & money which is reflected in the DLC cost. On games that use FAKE cars the DLC is cheaper because there's no licensing cost or time spent trying to "recreate" the real thing. This is the price for having real cars in the game.

You don't understand the time spent making the DLC, testing it, fixing the problems, retesting it & the Licensing for the cars. All of that takes time & money which is reflected in the DLC cost. On games that use FAKE cars the DLC is cheaper because there's no licensing cost or time spent trying to "recreate" the real thing. This is the price for having real cars in the game.

I'm not to sure about the cost and licensing issue. Back with NFS 3 and 4, the PC versions received free DLC cars, this was also from a time where you could download dozens of maps from Command and Conquer's official website for free.

This DLC hasn't appeared in the PSN Store for me yet, or in-game itself. The game updated yesterday when it was supposed to be released, but no sign 👎:grumpy:

EDIT:

Grr. A whole system update and still NOTHING.
I had the same problem as you until I thought about not using the search function of the game store and just go directly to the add ons page. Of course at the first sight it wasn't there so I just choosen the "show recent ones 1º" filter on the top right corner, scrolled down a bit and it was there.

wicken
I had the same problem as you until I thought about not using the search function of the game store and just go directly to the add ons page. Of course at the first sight it wasn't there so I just choosen the "show recent ones 1º" filter on the top right corner, scrolled down a bit and it was there.

Thanks, will have a look tomorrow ;)

Gonna have to have a good look later. I've checked and couldn't find it but will have to take Wicken's advice.

Back