Need For Speed ProStreet Help ?

• Thread starter MoutezZ
  • 6 comments
Algeria
Algeria
Hi everyone...

nfsps-2.jpg

I'm really stuck in NFS ProStreet in the Nevada circuit where the Maxi Challenge races and the Maxi Speed races take place, one stage before the meeting with Nate Denver the King of the Maxi Challenge... I've been on it for more than 4 months, and I haven't even reached the points for victory (for people who don't know there are two kinds of scores, the victory score and the domination score) I've never passed a circuit without domination except this one... every time I stop in the middle of the race because of the damage that affects the car or because of the overturning of the car, I'm tired of that...

Does anyone have any advice to give me to be able to pass this circuit full of obstacles ? How can I pass this Nevada MAXI Challenge/Maxi Speed circuit that I can't win ? Or which car I have to choose to be able to make things easier...

Thank you

The game came out 15 years ago. There appear to have been 13 other Need For Speed titles released in that time. It may belonger than two days for the very specific help you're seeking.

Being familiar with the game only insofar as having read the issues you're having, it seems like you may need to focus more on not hitting obstacles. As you succeed in clearing obstacles with minimal contact, gradually increase the speed at which you do so.

The Nevada Speed courses are...bad. Hilarious at times, infuriating the rest, but not really any flow. You may see other cars do this, but the best recommendation I have is to go with a "Jackrabbit" race. I shall explain.

Step 1: Know your opponent. Have a solid knowledge of the track, tight corners, sudden off-camber switches, rough roads on embankments, and of course the legendary highway hill will yeet your car like a three year old with hot wheels, so it's best to know roughly what's coming instead of being surprised by it.

Step 2: Cruising speed, Cap'n. I've not played for a bit, but I remember you don't have to be full tilt at all times in Nevada. In fact, NOT going max speed is advised in a decent number of sections, and going up the hill you want to be slowed. Not slowing down, slowed, because while gravity forgot how to grav properly, momentum physics stuck around and cresting the hill while braking is likely to send you front flipping in a comically slow manner. If you start to wobble, let off the gas more and let it calm down. If you start to death wobble, lock up all the brakes and hope.

Step 3: Nitro saves, so save nitro. At this point, I wager you have stage 4, and even if you don't stage 3 is taken for granted. Now that you know the layout and have a cruising speed you can keep control at, now you can start learning where to fire nitro to max or almost max when you hit checkpoints.

Step 4: This WILL hurt. If you are going in clean, you won't be coming out. I don't believe I've ever run a race here that didn't end up with me at minimum receiving 'light damage', so if that's not a big deduction at this point, huzzah!...but...if you are 200 points short after a race and received 0 from damage rating, there is a way to cheese it. Don't go in clean. Bumpers hanging off, broken glass, doors ajar, it doesn't matter as long as the car isn't reading as 'heavy damage'. You can enter the race, should get a high damage return, and shouldn't be any slower.

Step 5 (extra): Watch for falling objects. The computer has hell here too, sometimes it's cathartic enough just to watch them turn themselves into projectiles...just be warned they may land on you or in your path, so keep an eye out.

There, I believe that's everything I know and have tried. Ran this with a 240, Cobalt, Charger, Viper, and I think a Zonda for giggles...the last one didn't work as well.

The game came out 15 years ago. There appear to have been 13 other Need For Speed titles released in that time. It may belonger than two days for the very specific help you're seeking.

Being familiar with the game only insofar as having read the issues you're having, it seems like you may need to focus more on not hitting obstacles. As you succeed in clearing obstacles with minimal contact, gradually increase the speed at which you do so.
The Nevada Speed courses are...bad. Hilarious at times, infuriating the rest, but not really any flow. You may see other cars do this, but the best recommendation I have is to go with a "Jackrabbit" race. I shall explain.

Step 1: Know your opponent. Have a solid knowledge of the track, tight corners, sudden off-camber switches, rough roads on embankments, and of course the legendary highway hill will yeet your car like a three year old with hot wheels, so it's best to know roughly what's coming instead of being surprised by it.

Step 2: Cruising speed, Cap'n. I've not played for a bit, but I remember you don't have to be full tilt at all times in Nevada. In fact, NOT going max speed is advised in a decent number of sections, and going up the hill you want to be slowed. Not slowing down, slowed, because while gravity forgot how to grav properly, momentum physics stuck around and cresting the hill while braking is likely to send you front flipping in a comically slow manner. If you start to wobble, let off the gas more and let it calm down. If you start to death wobble, lock up all the brakes and hope.

Step 3: Nitro saves, so save nitro. At this point, I wager you have stage 4, and even if you don't stage 3 is taken for granted. Now that you know the layout and have a cruising speed you can keep control at, now you can start learning where to fire nitro to max or almost max when you hit checkpoints.

Step 4: This WILL hurt. If you are going in clean, you won't be coming out. I don't believe I've ever run a race here that didn't end up with me at minimum receiving 'light damage', so if that's not a big deduction at this point, huzzah!...but...if you are 200 points short after a race and received 0 from damage rating, there is a way to cheese it. Don't go in clean. Bumpers hanging off, broken glass, doors ajar, it doesn't matter as long as the car isn't reading as 'heavy damage'. You can enter the race, should get a high damage return, and shouldn't be any slower.

Step 5 (extra): Watch for falling objects. The computer has hell here too, sometimes it's cathartic enough just to watch them turn themselves into projectiles...just be warned they may land on you or in your path, so keep an eye out.

There, I believe that's everything I know and have tried. Ran this with a 240, Cobalt, Charger, Viper, and I think a Zonda for giggles...the last one didn't work as well.

Thank's both of you... I still didn't get through the Nivada Circuit till now and I still working on it... and I'am doing every word you said BKGlover since the beginning and I don't have much left to do to pass it...

I'm sorry for this big delay to answer...

Thank's both of you... I still didn't get through the Nivada Circuit till now and I still working on it... and I'am doing every word you said BKGlover since the beginning and I don't have much left to do to pass it...

I'm sorry for this big delay to answer...
Not a problem. Don't forget that you are running against the best Speed crew at this point. Once you've beaten them, even if you just queak out the weekend, they make Nate feel like a pushover. It's a pain in the butt, but it can be done!

I know this is a late response, but a maxed out 911 turbo can make short work of the speed challenges. It's already OP with stage 3 parts, able to even take the one tight spot at 250 mph in Nevada. If I ever play Pro Street again it's one car I will try to avoid using due to how easy it makes grip and speed races.

Back