JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
Courtesy of virtualr.net:

http://www.virtualr.net/need-for-speed-shift-eight-new-screenshots/

This deal looks pretty promising. It's told to be a more sim-oriented game. Here is a quote from the link above:

"Developed by Slightly Mad Studios (formally known as Blimey! Games), Need for Speed Shift is planned to fix the series somewhat ruined reputation when it comes to realism as simulation physics have been promised. Shift will be available for the PC as well as gaming consoles like the Xbox 360 & the Playstation 3 in late 2009."

Are you digging this deal, or are you more like "why bother?" or "why should I care?" in response to this game?

[UPDATE] I fear this is going to be locked because there is already a thread on this in the PS2 forum. Either locked or merged. So I apologize for posting this thread.

Last edited:
I think I'm in the "why bother" group. I do miss the older games, like the first one which was hosted by Road and Track. It might not been the greatest sim at the time but it sure gave you a wealth of knowledge on the exotics. It would be nice to see how this turns out but I do think it will be hard for me now to buy a car game that has EA stamped on the side of it.

i actually think this might be legit. they have the porsche license, and from the screenshots and teasers, i think this might be a reasonable sim with the arcade-ness of grid.

Didn't they say Pro Street was supposed to be more "sim-oriented"?

Yeah... A separate set of physics for drifting is not very real at all.

*Revival* of a good thread.

There are very good mods to be found on the net for Shift!

:)

Back