Need for Speed Unbound Palace Edition Contents and Bonus Details Revealed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 23 comments
As far as limited edition content goes, this is absurd...

They want (I say they want, we all know that people WILL) pay $10/£10 EXTRA to access paid promotional content? Talk about double-bubble.

Criterion/ EA have almost certainly been paid by Palace to heavily feature their stuff in the game, and then they're asking players to pay them AGAIN to access the paid promotional content in the game?

Big oof... Strip all that away and the only real benefit you're getting is 3 days of early access and 4 cars in your garage that you don't need to spend in game credits for. Hard pass for me on that one, big time.

Last edited:
I was planning on getting the Palace edition later on but there's no need the regular game will suffice.

want to know 1 thing has this nfs steering wheel support?
1667340638069.png

The game is all about making bank so I guess Criterion are trying to lead by example. LOL!

Last edited:
My interest in this game continues to wither. A special edition that is all about avatar cosmetics, in a RACING game. I don't think I've ever spent more than 2 minutes choosing and or dressing my avatar in any car game that has it. I'm here to play with pretend cars, not pretend dolls....

Just my 2cents, as i continue to feel like I've gotten to old for what these games have become.

My interest in this game continues to wither. A special edition that is all about avatar cosmetics, in a RACING game. I don't think I've ever spent more than 2 minutes choosing and or dressing my avatar in any car game that has it. I'm here to play with pretend cars, not pretend dolls....

Just my 2cents, as i continue to feel like I've gotten to old for what these games have become.
Indeed. I constantly get this feeling reading about this game

the simpsons adult GIF

Never heard of Palace or any of the other clothing brands, never heard most of the "music" on offer in Heat, I'm clearly not the target market.

I'm still amused by the sheer volume of "grumpy old man" this game seems to elicit in people. I'd never heard most of the music in GT, nor many of the tracks and brands before the game introduced them to me.

I still don't think this is a game I want to spend more than about $20 on (and even that's iffy with how the last few NFS game have run on my PC), but it's not because it contains new stuff and that's somehow a negative. I welcome something new and fresh - even if it's bad.

The anime graphics look like they could be useful in conveying information to the player about who's using boost at what time, etc. The last NFS I remember liking was Road Challenge but so long as they get the basics of car handling right, there's no reason this game shouldn't sell fast and do furiously well.

Last edited:
Edit, cuse quote didn't work....

@Imari
I think you are misunderstanding, myself at least. I was simply pointing out that a focus on "youth culture" is making me feel like i am to old to enjoy the an increasing portion of the past couple games. That's me saying i don't get it, not "hey you kids, get off my lawn". recognizing that something is aimed at a younger audience and that perhaps i/we wont get the enjoyment out of it that others will, is not the same as "grumpy old man".

Last edited:
All you need to know (in oh so many ways) is that it's a fashion brand enjoyed by the convicted drug dealer/game cover star car owner and in-game NPC A$AP Rocky:
1667390829982.png

And also antisemitism's own Kanye West:
1667390788765.png

Incidentally, it's called "tri-ferg" because the genius who put "Palace" on each face of a Penrose triangle to make the logo is named Fergus.

I'm torn on this because I quite like dressing my characters, really getting into role playing as them in a way, but paying extra for this feels a bit too much. I'm not much of a fan of Palace as a brand anyway.

Hey, I'll take this sort of bonus over locking actual cars behind special editions. What I mean to say, is that while we do get specially-customized cars through this Palace Edition, it's not like it's the only way to obtain the models. It just may mean we'll only be able to customize them in different ways, using the body parts, decals, etc. that aren't in the Palace Edition.

Not that I had even heard of Palace before this, nor care about them. I'd be more interested if they had stuff from, like SuperDry or UNIQLO.

Last edited:
I welcome something new and fresh - even if it's bad.
This is pretty much my feelings on NFS since probably Most Wanted 2012. I don't exactly look to NFS for attempts at completely revolutionizing the arcade racing sub-genre (though I wouldn't be opposed if the dev teams attempted it), but I'll always welcome each games attempt to have a unique character and aesthetic, even if the basic gameplay isn't that different. It's why, even though NFS 2015 and Payback were imo quite poor overall, I still had fun playing them and put in 70+ hours into each title, because they were at least unique in their delivery while still being totally adequate gameplay wise.

The only thing I've seen so far from Unbound that gets some ire from me is the new "Takeover" game mode, since it seems to glamorize a current "trend" in car culture that is actually cancer and has gotten people hurt, probably has gotten people killed, and has undoubtedly gives car people an even worse rap.

Last edited:
Not that I had even heard of Palace before this, nor care about them. I'd be more interested if they had stuff from, like SuperDry or UNIQLO.
Do people still wear SuperDry? It's been a long time since I've seen anyone except my old boss wearing anything from them. I don't recall seeing any stores either (at least in the UK).

Last edited:
Do people still wear SuperDry? It's been a long time since I've seen anyone except my old boss wearing anything from them. I don't recall seeing any stores either (at least in the UK).
I mean its definitely not as popular as it used to be, but there is still an active store where I live. It’s definitely starting to die out though

Last edited:
I mean its definitely not as popular as it used to be, but there is still an active store where I live. It’s definitely starting to die out though
I just checked and my local store is still open and doing well too. At least they seem to have stopped plastering everything with "Osaka 6" these days.

All you need to know (in oh so many ways) is that it's a fashion brand enjoyed by the convicted drug dealer/game cover star car owner and in-game NPC A$AP Rocky:
View attachment 1205279

And also antisemitism's own Kanye West:
View attachment 1205278

Incidentally, it's called "tri-ferg" because the genius who put "Palace" on each face of a Penrose triangle to make the logo is named Fergus.
Thanks for the summary. Hard pass for me.

Back