NEED help! El Capiton! 66 laps!

  • Thread starter Thread starter TetsuoSTI
  • 9 comments
  • 673 views
Messages
108
ok im racing against a Shelby series one, now i dont know what kind of tyres hes useing but im pitting in every 6 laps and hes pitting in every 14, now i drive a 944hp RUF CTR2, not i dont know what to use to beat him.


any suggestions on what car to use and what tires to use? any methods i should know about?
 
Simple, using R1/R1 tires and tune out your car. I used a Nissan 350 Z and won by 4 Laps. If you tune the car and use R1/R1 tires you've got the race won.
 
Hmmm I beat a Shelby and a Viper with a mildly tuned RX7 Bathurst. It wasn't easy (200 a-spec) but I beat them by a half lap or so. I wonder if the Ruf, with that much power, isn't handling well. But then, I've always had trouble with RR cars... I'd try something a bit lighter and easier on tires, maybe an Elise. If you really want to use the Ruf get harder tires and try detuning it a bit. You don't need 900+ HP to win this one,
 
I won this one with my Ford GT '05 without any mods. Maybe I had Hard Sports tyres, but that's it. Won by one lap or so I believe.:)
 
I used an Opera S2000. 200 points too.

It's in the Race Reports forum.
 
Famine
I used an Opera S2000. 200 points too.

It's in the Race Reports forum.

Gently tweaked Amuse S2000 R1 on S1 tyres gets you a win for 200pts as well. No need at all for a 950bhp RUF :crazy: :yuck: you are just burning rubber. Mind you, surely a car that overpowered would gain enough time?? Anyway, you'll get about 15-18 laps on the tyres with the S1 - beyond the Elise, and the car is fast enough to out-run the Shelby out right. In fact, the Shelby is hardly any competition at all in this race. Its the Motorsport Elise you have to watch.
 
i used a TVR V8R on sports medium (S2?) and mo big problem was not the series one i was up against......it was the Lotus Sport Esprit...........i finused about 45 seconds ahead with us alternating pole position at each of our pit stops.....THAT was an exciting race......
 
I used a Merc SL 55 AMG, just chip tuning and weight reduction phase 1, I raced against a Zonda C12 which is about as quick as my B-spec driver Theo, and three Corvettes. There was also a discussion about a good alround car, this is my reommendation, good handling, not neutral of course, and gives good A-spec points in several events.
 
Back