Need help for new championship, organisation, 2 classes, BopDraft 

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 23 comments

MonGnoM

(Banned)
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MonGnoM
Who wants to help me setting up a championship?
Who would be interested joining?
I can't run one alone, i need help for it.
Especially for the balance of performance.

I thought of a 2 class system featuring sportscars around 550PP and full GTAuto aero (including flat floor for the looks, we will adjust a BoP for it). And a faster class (Maybe DP like cars like the Nissan R390 and Pagani Zonda R)

Here are the 550PP class cars i would like to race with.
(One car per entry, to get a great diversity, and the BoP we equalise the cars)

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe
Aston Martin V12 Vantaga
Cadillac CTS-V
Chevy Camaro SS '10
Chevy Corvette C7
Ferrari 458 Italia
Ferrari SP1
Premium Ford GT
Ford Shelby GT500
Maybe 1 NSX
Jaguar XKR(-S)
Lamborghini Gallardo
Lamborghini Aventador
McLaren F1
MP4-12C
Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34)
Pagani is too powerful for this
Viper GTS '13
TVR Tuscan Speed 6

For the BoP, we would change the weight and the Power
Exhaust will mostly be stock, because of the sound!

I'm thinking of making it an endurance event, with 90 minutes races, and 30 minutes sprint races.

There will be points awarded for the qualifying results, and the race results.
So we would have a Qualifying champion, a race champion, and an overall champion.

Attachments

• Ronda_31.jpg
    Ronda_31.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Gemasolar_35.jpg
    Gemasolar_35.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 12
Me too... I'm planning to make an rally championship which will consist the main Event plus some support events and One Make events.
Yes Im all in two that running stages on timetrial settings full damage so people carnt just drive the stages like there are in a pin ball game you hit the wall you smash the car end ove stage so sign me up if you need help im in .

That's what's keeping me on GT6!
And i love testing, 20 cars equalising isn't that bad for me!

:ouch:
Hope you didn't test 20 cars for each.

Well i ran a Time Attack Series in GT5, which lasted for 5 rounds, i tested over 100 cars there (for my self)
Then the same series with better rules in GT6, lasted... no round, tested 50 cars.
Then we came up with the RedBull X2014 TimeAttack Series, no one commented
Indycar of the Future, also with the X2014, got only hate comments
And now this one, i didn't start testing the cars, but i already chose them, took pics of them, tuned them to the right PP
And set up the rules for it.

@MonGnoM
My suggestions as a little success race organizer:

Get in some long running serie and look at how they are raced, policed. Get a name racing and people will want to join your serie.

Choose a field of cars no bigger than 8. 4 to 6 is the best.
Make sure their weight, Hps, torque and RPM regime is similar and have similar Downforce.

Make tests.

Test all cars tuned (if you are going to allow it) and untuned on a variety of tracks;
i.e. monza 80s, spa, nubgp, nurb24h, brands
Note lap times, time splits, cornering speed and handling of the various cars.

make tests.

Get some results and get friends on GTP and outside it. make sure Rules are easy and clear.

make tests.

when you feel thing are getting ok a random racer will come up with a super setup amd mess aal your calcs up :D Keep up and correct the mistakes. No 2 drivers are fast the same and there's drivers that shine or are dull in one car.

Make race test, gather feedback from those that are partecipating in races and test you'll make.

make some more test, and join a group that might help you i'm associated with FGTa, there's GTOR and other ones

if you think your idea is good keep it up! it'll pay in time!

else don't feel down and look at the series that are already running and join them.

@MonGnoM

Get in some long running serie and look at how they are raced, policed. Get a name racing and people will want to join your serie.

Make sure their weight, Hps, torque and RPM regime is similar and have similar Downforce.

Make tests.

Test all cars tuned (if you are going to allow it) and untuned on a variety of tracks;

make tests.

Get some results and get friends on GTP and outside it. make sure Rules are easy and clear.

make tests.

when you feel thing are getting ok a random racer will come up with a super setup amd mess aal your calcs up :D Keep up and correct the mistakes. No 2 drivers are fast the same and there's drivers that shine or are dull in one car.

Make race test, gather feedback from those that are partecipating in races and test you'll make.

make some more test, and join a group that might help you i'm associated with FGTa, there's GTOR and other ones

else don't feel down and look at the series that are already running and join them.

Some great tips! Thank YOu very much!

I found a guy on facebook, having the same interest, a two class championship!

@MonGnoM

Make tests.

make tests.

make tests.

Thanks Karsten. Well, there's more than 8 rally cars to test... Therefore, when I get my PS3 fixed, I'll have to test all cars which are fitted for rally before I open a new thread...

I'm planning to do an Main Championship, plus 1 or 2 One Make Cups and Support Events on my future rally championship.

One Make Championships are very important to promote the Beginners. And Support Events will also be very important to help the championship to gain more publicity.

Thanks Karsten. Well, there's more than 8 rally cars to test... Therefore, when I get my PS3 fixed, I'll have to test all cars which are fitted for rally before I open a new thread...

I'm planning to do an Main Championship, plus 1 or 2 One Make Cups and Support Events on my future rally championship.

One Make Championships are very important to promote the Beginners. And Support Events will also be very important to help the championship to gain more publicity.
We know:D

Back