Need help from T500 experts, need help with special project.

• Thread starter Mayaman
  • 11 comments

Mayaman

Premium
Is there any way to put an extended shaft onto the T500 base? I've been going over options for my GT2 cockpit using a real Porsche dashboard. The dashboard and instruments are all done, but the opening for a steering wheel base is tiny, no way any wheel base is going to fit in it.

So I'm going to have to place the wheel base inside the dashboard and extend a steering shaft out and somehow mount that stably.

Has anyone done a steering shaft extension on the T500? I was thinking of use a Porsche Boxster intermediate steering shaft since its so tiny and light.

Any help is appreciated.

Is there any way to put an extended shaft onto the T500 base? I've been going over options for my GT2 cockpit using a real Porsche dashboard. The dashboard and instruments are all done, but the opening for a steering wheel base is tiny, no way any wheel base is going to fit in it.

So I'm going to have to place the wheel base inside the dashboard and extend a steering shaft out and somehow mount that stably.

Has anyone done a steering shaft extension on the T500? I was thinking of use a Porsche Boxster intermediate steering shaft since its so tiny and light.

Any help is appreciated.
You should have posted this question in The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread. Anyway, I saw someone did something similar just not sure whether it was on GTP or ISRT forums before.

I recall happening upon a youtube clip from someone who had replaced the standard shaft inside a T500, including wiring through the shaft and out the back of the T500 case, and a different quick release system. I think the end result was a separate USB connection for the rim buttons.

Sorry, no clue what the youtube channel was/is.

Yup, I emailed each of the 1200 users who have uploaded that video as to how they did it, what parts, etc. Not a single response. :|

It has to be detailed, not just a video, sine in the video he spends like 4 seconds on how he actually connected the shaft.

Thanks though

Depending on how long of a extension your talking about Id start with a couple DSD wheel adapters, a piece of thick pvc pipe and some epoxy. I would think as long as you wernt trying to make it 3 ft. long that would be plenty strong enough and not loose too much detail in the ffb.

And of course the moment you need at about 2:35 in the video is shadowy as hell. :P

I'd think his square shaft had to slide OVER the TM square shaft tho...

Yeah exactly LOL. I hate when someone makes a one off cool thing and then they disappear from earth and don't answer questions or every take good pics or explain anything. Really annoying LOL.

if you take off the wheel from the hub, and then remove all of the screws that is in the quick release on the base (there should be 4 screws in each corner of the middle of the wuick release hub) if you remove htose, youll see a piece of square tubing, and at that point, its re3ally easy, and you should be able to figure it out yourself.

Back