Need help making a Heavy Metal Workout CD(No Death or Black Metal Please)Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Starfirebird
  • 14 comments
  • 2,802 views
Messages
1,662
United States
Tennessee,USA
Messages
StarFirebird
Messages
starfirebird
Hello all.

I'm looking to make about 4 Heavy Metal CD's for when i workout and need some suggestions on what would be some good,hard metal music that keeps me pumped to hit my workouts hard.I'm training for something in the near future and i need some good music to push me to beyond my limits

It doesn't necessarily need to have constant screaming,it can have great lyrics or awesome guitar rhythms to keep me pumped to continue my workouts.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated and please no Death or Black Metal.Never really liked these two categories.

Thanks.:)
 
Anything by Pantera, Ensiferum, Mastodon, or Blind Guardian.

Just to name a few, in fact...here's a taste of two:



 
The problem with stuff like Ensiferum and Blind Guardian and even Mastodon sometimes, they don't have that catchy hate sound. You need something to relate to, some good moshing stuff that makes you go crazy. But Pantera is spot on.

Pepper Keenan has done many good and powerful riffs.



What happens when you put Keenan in the same room of Phil Anselmo, Rex Brown, Kirk Windstein, Kimmy Bower? You get some seriously heavy swampy ****!



And of course Pantera...



Now for thrash...



And you might one to try ONE death metal band ;) Because Gojira is just so good!

 
I'd forgotten all about Gojira. Damn. :p

I can see what you mean about the other three at times though. Another few good bands I know of are All That Remains, KSE (of course), Sevendust (perhaps my favorite), Slayer, and...Lamb of God.

The absolute latter may be a bit too harsh for the OP's tastebuds though, and Slayer is downright...mystical, just as mystical as Pantera. ATR and Sevendust are two other bands that fall prey to Prosthetic's apt description of sometimes their material lacks that "hate" tone, as in some of their material carries an entirely different beat and speed but of course that doesn't make them not metal, alternatively when they're in the more metalcore mood...things are rather heavy. Not every metal/alternative band has to be aggressive and satanic. I'll give you some things to go on below:






I'd post more but my connection is being, well, a bitch.
 
👍 I have all of those albums, good stuff. Forgot to mention Mastodon...



New Mastodon album shall be good.
 
This is some good stuff.

Keep all these ideas coming as i need to make about 4 CD's :)
 
Ok, you asked for more, I'll give you more hehe.






(ignore the videos, but they had the best quality)







Hehe.. Have fun :)
 
^Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm going to be putting Machine Head's Davidian song on one of my CD's for sure.I completely forgot about Machine Head.

I like the Fear Factory one as well.I have another song i want of theirs,but i can't think of the name of it.

Hey man what do you think about this one.It gets me pretty pumped just listening to it.

 
5FDP are hit and miss with me. I've actually bought both their albums and the first one is definitely better. That is actually one of their better songs, but to me most of them are kind of boring and lack power. They try to hard way to often, and Ivan isn't a good fit with that style band. He was better in Motograter and Ghost Machine.
 
Give LoG a go, as I said though...they might be a bit harsh at first impression. I've been listening to them for a few years now and sometimes I can't even understand Randy. :lol:



Know who else is good for getting you hyper? Saliva. (I can only remember one song though...)







Then...then, you have Megadeth.



There's more out there but you get the point of where I'm going.
 
^Nice man.

I'm a big fan of Lamb of God's song "Walk with me in Hell"

Also i did make my first CD.I'll post up the song list when i get a chance.
 
Some others you might consider...

Emmure-Speaker Of The Dead (no, it's not death or black metal)
Unearth-pretty much anything of theirs
The Haunted- rVOLVEr or The Haunted Made Me Do It are good
Bleeding Through...too many good ones to list
Chimaira has got some good stuff too

Just a couple ideas
 
Some others you might consider...

Emmure-Speaker Of The Dead (no, it's not death or black metal)
Unearth-pretty much anything of theirs
The Haunted- rVOLVEr or The Haunted Made Me Do It are good
Bleeding Through...too many good ones to list
Chimaira has got some good stuff too

Just a couple ideas

I'm a big fan of Bleeding Through.This woman i know got me into them a few years ago.
 
Back