need help on Special Event Grand Tour 1 & 4

  • Thread starter Thread starter mushimushiyo
  • 10 comments
  • 4,279 views
Messages
42
Messages
YoMushi
SpecA lvl 20 SpecB lvl10..... all gold on license and all gold on Special events except the mercedes-benz cuz i havent tried it yet. but as for the Grand Tour event for Eiger Nordwand and Toscana... i need help. On both time trial i can get within 0.00.500 for gold... i just need that half second but its wayyyy too difficult. just wondring if anyone got gold on it and How did u do it plus the settings u used..... and etc.

besides that...
i think this game is awesome besides the ugly smoke graphics and the lame standard cars. i still think gt3and gt4 is my best but this game's physics so much better and the premium cars are sweet.
 
Its average speed you need to pick up. The first half of the track is just hitting your lines right. Where time is made up is the turn b4 the tunnel and out of the tunnel. For the turn before the tunnel, I stab the brakes and downshift and then roll throught the turn for a while before feeding gas in. The turn once leaving the tunnel, turn in a bit early, try to stay above 87mph, and at the top of the hill hit 4th for better traction. I beat gold by .374 after 3 tries. First try was about 1.5 off gold. For toscana, try to be really smooth. Drifting around the whole track si big fun, but you lose big time. Shift early coming out of turns to keep the wheels from spinning too long and losing time.
 
thanks i'll give it a shot. i just tried all the AMG events, all gold on those, pretty easy.... just struggling on these two... but thanks. gonna try it when i get home.
 
thanks i did what u said...
on the first one, i didnt use 4th gear, i used 3rd.... 4th seem to make the car slow a bit more...
and on the toscana... shifting early did help alot on the small hairpin turns. thanks!
 
I found Toscana one of the most difficult events out of all the challenges and license tests... the Lambo is simle enough to drive once you learn not to brake hard with big steering angles, but you just can't see anything (maybe it has 1 watt headlamp bulbs fitted).

After getting with 0.5s on 3 separate occassions (and getting quite frustrated!) I switched on the driving line and turned the brightness up full on my TV... gave me pretty much the same view as driving at dusk rather than in full dark... golded it 1st try.

I do feel a bit bad for doing it, so in the coming months I'll go back and have another go at it as it's supposed to be run :)
 
For Eiger Nordwand Grand Tour event I tried for about 5 hrs total... about ready to quit the game, so I read some other posts about others troubles with this challenge as well, so at least I don't feel like I'm alone. I read one post where a guy did it with the active steering set to mild. I tried it and got it on about the 5th or 6th try with a 1:16:778. I think taking a break between tries helps generally with most challenges that are tough for me. Also 4 other things that helped me on this challenge were 1) shifting to 2nd early in turn 2, 2) staying out a little wide on turn 3 so i could accelerate a little longer on the following short straight, 3) same on the long turn before the tunnel, basically slight drifting most of the way around it so that I could apex and floor it just at the double tree shadow, and 4) I turned off the driving line. I think I get locked into using that too much in general instead of just feeling my way around the track more. This also makes me look ahead more and just like in real life the first rule of performance driving is to look ahead. I do wish they had set Gold to be maybe 1:17:500 I got that after a couple of hours on this challenge and think that is way more in line with a lvl 13 challenge. Hope this helps. I saved my replay (first one), but not sure how to get it posted on YouTube.
 
For Toscana, use the verges as they have more grip and run a gear higher. Brake with plenty of time to spare - slow in fast out and modulate the throttle to avoid excessive wheelspin and power oversteer. Stay to the right ove the jumps to get the correct line for the penultimate corner. Golded easily once I got the hang of it, despite driving like my mum in the last corner!
 
I am also very frustrated w/the 1st challenge. I went through the game just getting 'trophys' my 1st time through, not caring about golds etc... Now I'm going back and getting golds in everything and THIS ONE EVENT is the one that's giving me fits. I've got all gold licences and golds in everything else I've participated in. (Lvl 34A spec) so to have this lvl 13 event effectively kicking my arse is pretty frustrating. Even more so when I see folks on the "TUBE" getting 1:15xx. Makes me feel pretty LAME!

I have seen that by the time the nose of their car hits the 'exit' end of the bridge after turn 4 that they're at :34 and change and I'm at 35. So there's ONE Second but after watching again and again I can't tell where I'm losing that second. My best time is 1:17.354


All I know is whoever made the TIRES on this car should be set on fire, then put out the fire with an ice pick... My little Chevy Cobalt SS Sedan Turbo w/the STOCK tires would eat this thing for LUNCH....and all because of the greasy butter-like tires that are on it.

I'll take a break and come back to it. I'm obviously a little 'worked up' right now. :-)
 
Last edited:
Eiger Nordwand Grand Tour event 8c i've been doing this for months trying to get gold i will pay $100 for a racer in victoria australia to come over and gold it for me

i have a g27 or control to use to gold it
 
Eiger Nordwand Grand Tour event 8c i've been doing this for months trying to get gold i will pay $100 for a racer in victoria australia to come over and gold it for me

i have a g27 or control to use to gold it

Not a good start to the forum. Offering real money for anything here is a no-no.
 
Not a good start to the forum. Offering real money for anything here is a no-no.

im on here to help anyone out for cars and get tune or upload my tunes for cars, but i want to complete the offline stuff to get the platinum trophy. I'm easy going and just cause i dont post thousands of posts like you, your bagging me out!
 
Back