Need help please???

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by Cpt_Swoopty, May 7, 2015.

1. Cpt_Swoopty

Cpt_Swoopty

So I just bought and started playing Project Cars. When I first started driving my HUD was working fine. Now all the sudden it's gone and I have NOOO idea what I changed to make it disappear. Can someone help me??? Please? #immaNoob #thisISembarrassing

2. LogiForce

LogiForce Premium

If you play with a pad or wheel you need to push either left or down on the D-pad when in-game and on the track. It should than cycle through the HUD display options (which includes an off option for the purists). :)

3. Cpt_Swoopty

Cpt_Swoopty

I'm using an Xbox 360 controller for now (Until I can afford to buy a good Thrustmaster wheel and pedal setup). I running manual controls on the transmission but don't know what button I should bind the clutch to on the controller. Any suggestions? Also, wtf is KERs in game??? I have no clue what that stands for..... So much noob I know... i'm working on it.

4. LogiForce

LogiForce Premium

I'm not a pad user so I don't know, but my guess would be to use the right shoulder button. This because you need to go off of the gas anyway to (safely) get a shift in.

KERS = Kinetic Energy Recovery System

It's the system first introduced in Formula 1 that uses braking energy to feed electricity back into batteries in the car. When you push the KERS button you can activate electric motors to gain a bit extra power until the batteries are empty.

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_energy_recovery_system

5. Cpt_Swoopty

Cpt_Swoopty

Out ****in standing!! Thank you so much for the helpful information!!! So happy to finally see some constructive help in a gaming forum.... now if only we could do custom paint and music playlists for racing..... or can we??? :confused:

6. Bealdor

Bealdor

There's no livery editor but you can choose between lots of liveries that come with every car (about 20 per car).
    You can create a livery via Photoshop though.

There no ingame racing soundtrack but there's an ingame "link" to the Project CARS Spotify playlist.

7. LogiForce

LogiForce Premium

Custom liveries are only available on PC for now and required photoshop skills.

There isn't any racing music in game. The only music is the RAWR of the engine. ;)
    You can of course always play your music in the back on a PC. I don't know anything about the current gen consoles though, since I don't own any. So maybe someone else can help.

Also if you want media buttons on your controller on PC... http://www.xpadder.com/
    With Xpadder you can customise your entire controller button layout.

8. UkHardcore23

UkHardcore23

Where is that? Cannot find it anywhere. Can you have the playlist just for menus only?

9. HBR-Roadhog

HBR-Roadhog

I would guess under Options > Audio

10. diesel97

diesel97

On the PS4 it is the spotify app and if search project cars it has a bunch of music. Spotify plays in the back ground all the time ,racing,menus , game on game off you must turn down game music