Need help to choose

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pooh_Bare
  • 6 comments
  • 514 views
Messages
50
I am thinking of handing my Company Car back and need help in choosing a replacement that I have to pay to run (with a little help from the firm).

I need a European 4 door car and something that is reasonably stylish and reasonably rapid but not ridiculously expensive to run. I commute between 20k and 30k miles per year to work.

My thoughts so far are Mazda RX8 (231 hp), Subura Impreza WRX or to go for a Vauxhall signum Turbo or the 150bhp diesel. (The latter option because of the big service interval and its what I currently drive)

It needs to carry a big pushchair for the tiddly peep and have Isofix child seat mounts.

What do you think - have i missed something ?
 
Pooh_Bare
I need a European 4 door car and something that is reasonably stylish and reasonably rapid but not ridiculously expensive to run.

My thoughts so far are Mazda RX8 (231 hp), Subura Impreza WRX
What happened to the European bit? The RX8 will also not be cheap to run due to it's habit of drinking fuel, and I don't think you'll fit a buggy in it's boot.
 
Funny, you're contradicting yourself. You want a European 4 door.
Mazda and Subaru ==> European cars??? Both cars are not cheap to run. And with 20k - 30k miles per, year these cars are pretty expensive.
 
How about a nice Japanese sedan like Volkswagen Jetta. :p

P.S. I recently found out about the fuel consumption of RX-8. :sick:
 
Subaru and Mazda's aren't cheap to run and are they European? :rolleyes:

The Signum is better but it's not exactly stylish...
 
I think maybe he means a car that's sold on the European market.
 
Takumi Fujiwara
I think maybe he means a car that's sold on the European market.


You are correct - I am looking for a car sold in the UK.
 
Back