Need help understanding GT2

• Thread starter Tomoholic
  • 1 comments
Hello all.

I'm having quite some trouble understanding the GT2 codes & how to use them. I'm not wanting to do anything in depth, I just really want to take a look at all the hidden cars so I think I only need the body codes right? I did have a save game that had all the hidden cars but a hard drive crash took away that save & since then I haven't been able to find it or another. So, hybriding is my only option it seems.

I guess what I'm asking is if someone would be able to explain to me how to use the codes & such. I've had a read around at what I could find but it makes no sense to me.

Thanks guys.

The codes you usually get is an 8 character one for the basecode (or the "address") and a 4 character one, which actually is the value you're going to write to that adress instead of the original one. To use them you have to write the basecode followed by a _ (spacebar) and then the 4-char value.

I'm assuming you're using pec. If not, you should first understand how to install and use it and then start with the hybriding thing. Or if you're using the original (and quite rare, now) Action Replay, the process is quite the same.

EDIT: Now I remember, years ago I had written a guide about how to make hybrids in GT2, you can find it under that "My GT website" link in the signature, section "Learn how to make a hybrid". Not a very deep guide, but enough to do what you want to do.

Last edited:
Back