need help urgently

so i finally got my ps3 connected to the internet on 4.20.11, the day of the hack. and now that i can log in to psn for the first time it tells me you can't use "someone else username". i assume since my ps3 is a used ps3, the previous owner did not sweep her info off the hard drive. what do i do now, keep in mind I've been playing gt5 since Nov. without online play and I'm pretty deep into the game I've accomplished a lot. if i reset everything to default, how do i save my current progress, in gt5 and four other games. yes i do have a external hard drive if that matters.

Take your save and copy it to a usb device. Format the PS3 and reload the save from the usb. I am not saying this will work, but that's what I would do.

You need a memory stick. Copy your save game data onto the stick before you clean the gd. When you are done with the format copy the data back into the gd.

if your wanting to back up your save data then just plug your hard drive into the ps3 and go to the saved data section on the ps3 home page and select the save games you want to back up and press triangle and select copy and copy it to your external hard drive

your saved data only works with one account, the account you started it on, if you are not using your own account/ new account you created for PSN, then its likely that if you reset/format the playstation and use a new account, you with lose your save data, backed up or not, your best advise would be to contact the network support people to talk you through a solution.

Back