Need help with a pc.

Germany
Germany
Srweber88
Srweber88
So my friend has a pc that he wants to give me. my main interest are to play Microsoft flight sim x and some other games like euro trucker .I want to slowly rebuild it piece by piece . Like water cooler and graphic card. I have no clue what type of pc it is. All we know is it came from Siemens some type of high capacity pc. Beat me dead that's all we know .
I just want the basic pc structure that I don't have to pay a arm and a leg for... .
What would be a good starting point to run a game like fsx smoothly from graphic card standpoint? Pretty much want a decent build not overbord 5k gaming pc. can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Also it's not an average size tower it's pretty big . I don't know if that means anything its definitely a office pc.
Sorry for the grammar I'm using a cellphone.
Doing the best I can.

If it's an ex-office PC then it most likely doesn't have a 3D card, you'll need one to get the best from the games you mention.

Really you need to get your hands on it and tell us what's in it first :)

First find out what type of expansion slot it has for a video card,
then look at how many watts the power supply is,
That will let you know what video card you can install
I would also find out how much and what type of ram the motherboard can support then max that out

First find out what type of expansion slot it has for a video card,
then look at how many watts the power supply is,
That will let you know what video card you can install
I would also find out how much and what type of ram the motherboard can support then max that out
Oh lord ... I'm completely new to this but I wanna put one together. I wouldn't have a clue how to find that out...

Once you get it, open the case and look at the mother board, you will see places to plug in an expansion card like a modem or wireless card, or a video card, they look sort of like the socket that the memory chips fit in, but are aligned with openings on the back of the case,
Google "PCI, PCIexpress, AGP" to find pictures of different types of expansion slots and the compare the pics to what is in your computer, that will let you know what you have and what type of video card to buy, the power supply is where the power cord goes into, it will say on the side how much power it has, 250W 350W 450W etc, usual in tiny numbers, power supply must match power requirements of video card, or replace with more power full powersupply, next go to the PC manufacturer web sight and find the system specs, that will tell you how much and what type ram the PC is designed to use,

When you are at your friends and on the computer, run Speccy and GPU-Z then post some screen-caps here, also take a pic of the inside of the casing with everything clearly focused if you can. These things will help us a lot if you are not sure about what's what.

Latest Posts

Back