Need help with Challenge 8 stage 8

I cant do this, best I can do is come 2nd place. I was leading after the 2nd lap but went in the pits to match the other lead pack AI drivers going in to pit at lap 2 also to get fresh wheels and just a small amount of fuel as I was racing with fuel level3 so I can put minimum fuel so that I can really push the next 2 laps but nope they got the jump on me. Was annoying because I was hanging with 1st and 2nd place for the next 2x laps but by lap 3 my tyres were half way worn and first place was as if they had a fresh pair of softs they were hard to catch up. Duno how to get them or what pit strategy or fuel level to use. I have all the cars practically too so can use any gt3, thinking the m6 is the way to go feels smooth on the nurgburg

PS. Was thinking of using the pit lane glitch somehow if that might help, not sure if its possible with a gt3. Any confirmations on it?

First suggestion is to get better lap times.

Second is ditch the fuel saving idea as it robs you of so much power it's not worth it unless you do real number crunching over a very long race.

It's not a hard test, I beat them by about 20 seconds first try

Its quite funny reading some of the IGN tips on races stating you need to be on the limit to complete some of the challenges.

I found this one very easy. Won by approx. 45 seconds in the end

Car – 911 RSR
Traction control – 2 (Provided a bit of extra stability)
Front BB – 2 (Better control over the bumps.)

Lap 1 – Fuel Saving 6 (Caught leader coming to the end of the lap)
Lap 2 – Fuel Saving 6 (Nursed tyres as got very twitchy about ¾ through the lap., led by 25 seconds)
Pit – Racing Hard & 4 laps of fuel (Leaders don’t pit here so had to pass them again at the start of the lap)
Lap 3 – Fuel Saving 1 (led by 25 seconds at end of lap)
Pit – Racing Hard & No Fuel
Lap 4 – Fuel Saving 1 (coasted to end 45 seconds clear)

Wait you won by that much by pitting in twice at lap 2 and 3? Why? The hard tyres shouldve held on for more laps

Im trying also its hard over taking I just hate it alot of the time its a bend or the lanes are so narrow. I stay behind them waiting for the right time it sets me back alot. When I try to over take soooooo many times a wheel clips the grass and I spin out, or its too close going into turns Im holding my ground and the AI clips me spinning me out its an annoying track for sure

Wait you won by that much by pitting in twice at lap 2 and 3? Why? The hard tyres shouldve held on for more laps

Im trying also its hard over taking I just hate it alot of the time its a bend or the lanes are so narrow. I stay behind them waiting for the right time it sets me back alot. When I try to over take soooooo many times a wheel clips the grass and I spin out, or its too close going into turns Im holding my ground and the AI clips me spinning me out its an annoying track for sure

Yeah,
Oh forgot to mention I levelled up the car to max, increased power and dropped weight.

The Tyres can last depending on the car you are driving. The 911 RSR could make 2 laps, but I was finding at the end of the 2nd lap the back end was very very twitchy, rear left was really bad and wanted to let go all the time.
As I was so far infront and knew they had to pit it was better for me to just take the quick pit stop, put on new tyres and I wasn't going to run into any issues.

Yes passing is difficult on the track but you have to commit to it. The AI cars go soooooooo slow through corners that if you get stuck behind one then you are going to be losing seconds every time.

My method

- 911 RSR fully tuned
- Fuel consumption 5, switched to 0 on the straightaway
- pit 2nd lap, hard tires

I did with a fully upgraded 911.
Keep it on lean(6). No need to pitstop with racing hards.
I finished it with a huge gap. Over a minute.
^^^This^^^ 👍👍

It worked for me as well, although my car was not quite fully upgraded (all weight reduction, not quite full power). I think the main thing people forget is to upgrade the car.

It comes down to track knowledge. I started with the Track experience missions. After that I did an arcade race PRO level driving the 911 to get used to the car.

Challenge was cleared on 1st try: pitted only once for fresh RH tyres and just enough fuel to finish the race, no fuel leaning.
What suprises me is that there are suggestions to max out the power and fuel tuning options, I did nothing like that and still won by about half a minute.

Great challenge though, I wish there were more of them.
They should also add more variants to the track experience missions, it would be great if you could do those with any car, that way you do not only gain track experience but also get to know your favorite car on that track!

I used the Porsche. I ran power 1 first lap then adjusted to 2 half way thru lap 2. Pitted and put fresh racing hards on and fuel half tank and ran power 1 for last 2 Laps. I had a 59 Sex lead. Best thing, practice, get consistent and you'l be golden. Whatever they did to make stuff easier isn't a challenge anymore. But I can see why they did. Most people had a really hard time getting gold on some things. I also run tcs 0. It' better to get used to it now rather then later. I've improved my times a lot on the tracks. All fuel trim races I always had power one and never a problem. If I had to pit then that's what I did. Hope this helps

It comes down to track knowledge. I started with the Track experience missions. After that I did an arcade race PRO level driving the 911 to get used to the car.

Challenge was cleared on 1st try: pitted only once for fresh RH tyres and just enough fuel to finish the race, no fuel leaning.
What suprises me is that there are suggestions to max out the power and fuel tuning options, I did nothing like that and still won by about half a minute.

Great challenge though, I wish there were more of them.
They should also add more variants to the track experience missions, it would be great if you could do those with any car, that way you do not only gain track experience but also get to know your favorite car on that track!

Well... it seems more complex actually. I changed to lean and that was it. I don’t even know where the pitstop entrance is.

My Strategy:
FT-1 Gr.3 - Full weight reduction
Racing Hard tyres
Fuel Mix 6
No pit stop!
Won by about 10 secs it think!! - Last lap was really scruffy and 2nd started catching me. If it was clean would probably won by 30secs.

I *did* miss it. Hit the brakes halfway down the pit straight, reversed back up the track and into the pit lane (watching all the other cars fly past me)... came out after that and still won the race.

There really is a lot of time to spare in this challenge.

Well... it seems more complex actually. I changed to lean and that was it. I don’t even know where the pitstop entrance is.

Haha, I almost missed it, first tried to enter the lit at the entrance for the Nordschleife than realized that there would probably be a solid concrete wall to stop me because that lane is after the right hand turn so in the wrong direction. After that I just drove slowly onto the straight and on the right side of it there were some cones lined up, that is where the pit entrance is. I think if I knew that before starting the race I would have beaten this one with a much bigger margin because this took me at least 10 extra seconds. :-)

I still haven't managed to get it.. I tried it yesterday for the 100th time. Don't you guys have problems with the AI?
Yesterday I was half way down the second lap (P5 by then). I passed a BMW M6, i think, and did that clean.. next corner I went a little wide and he just rammed into me. Spun out, hit everything on all sides of the track. Fell back to 13th place i think.

This happend almost everytime i try this challenge. I almost broke my CSL Wheel i was sooo mad..

I used the same strategy as mentioned above a couple of times:
-WRX Gr.3, fully tuned;
-Racing Hard tyres;
-Fuel map 6.
Pitted at the end of lap 3 because I wanted to, not because I had to.
Took 1st place early in lap 2, won by over a minute.

It's all about track knowdledgement, once you know the track it's easy as pie.
My lap times are about 8:35-8:40, so even when you're 10-15 secs slower a lap you should still be able to get it.

I still haven't managed to get it.. I tried it yesterday for the 100th time. Don't you guys have problems with the AI?
Yesterday I was half way down the second lap (P5 by then). I passed a BMW M6, i think, and did that clean.. next corner I went a little wide and he just rammed into me. Spun out, hit everything on all sides of the track. Fell back to 13th place i think.

This happend almost everytime i try this challenge. I almost broke my CSL Wheel i was sooo mad..

Hi Stef,

I think the only thing you need to do is practice the track, learn it's ins and outs untill the point you can dream the entiry lay-out corner by corner. Being on P5 half way lap 2 is an indication to me that you are too slow to beat the mission, if I remember correctly I was at P3 or P4 after lap 1, all cars leading within range, I was at P2 after the GP circuit part and took the lead well before being half way lap 2.
This might seem hard at first, I remember someone giving me this exact same advice and I was thinking Okay, I will never get that fast on this track. However just driving around the ring starting with a low powered car, and then when lap times didn't improve anymore switching to a slightly faster car made me memorize the track. This was actualy THE approach for me to master missions like these.

So the only thing you need to do is practice, practice and practice.

Looking at your name your either Belgian of Dutch aren't you? If so, we're in the same timezone, we could setup a lobby on the Ring 24h one time and just drive around a couple of laps together to see which part of the track you can improve on.

Hi Stef,

I think the only thing you need to do is practice the track, learn it's ins and outs untill the point you can dream the entiry lay-out corner by corner. Being on P5 half way lap 2 is an indication to me that you are too slow to beat the mission, if I remember correctly I was at P3 or P4 after lap 1, all cars leading within range, I was at P2 after the GP circuit part and took the lead well before being half way lap 2.
This might seem hard at first, I remember someone giving me this exact same advice and I was thinking Okay, I will never get that fast on this track. However just driving around the ring starting with a low powered car, and then when lap times didn't improve anymore switching to a slightly faster car made me memorize the track. This was actualy THE approach for me to master missions like these.

So the only thing you need to do is practice, practice and practice.

Looking at your name your either Belgian of Dutch aren't you? If so, we're in the same timezone, we could setup a lobby on the Ring 24h one time and just drive around a couple of laps together to see which part of the track you can improve on.

Thanks for the advice. I was 5th because i made an steeringmistake earlier on. I have been 3rd but the same thing happend. I got bumped off the track by the AI.

If i look at the video of zuperkiwi my laps were way cleaner but that damn AI.

Tonight i'm gonna try again with the Hard tires and Fuel 6 to see if that helps. And maybe i should be a little less aggresive. Because i tend to wanna pass a car on impossible points..

I'm Dutch yes but i don't have PS+ so setting up a lobby is not going to work but thanks for the offer!!

Thanks for the advice. I was 5th because i made an steeringmistake earlier on. I have been 3rd but the same thing happend. I got bumped off the track by the AI.

If i look at the video of zuperkiwi my laps were way cleaner but that damn AI.

Tonight i'm gonna try again with the Hard tires and Fuel 6 to see if that helps. And maybe i should be a little less aggresive. Because i tend to wanna pass a car on impossible points..

I'm Dutch yes but i don't have PS+ so setting up a lobby is not going to work but thanks for the offer!!

RH tyres is a good idea, Fuel 6 is not!!!! keep it on 1, your speed is very important, keep driving clean and focus on overtaking where it's safe only, there's plenty of spots on the ring where overtaking can be done. AI is usualy very slow on corner approach so out breaking is usualy a good manoevre.
And YES, try to NOT be aggresive, driving around the ring smoothly and relaxed is the only way to get good laptimes.

RH tyres is a good idea, Fuel 6 is not!!!! keep it on 1, your speed is very important, keep driving clean and focus on overtaking where it's safe only, there's plenty of spots on the ring where overtaking can be done. AI is usualy very slow on corner approach so out breaking is usualy a good manoevre.
And YES, try to NOT be aggresive, driving around the ring smoothly and relaxed is the only way to get good laptimes.

Thanks! Which laps did you pit? Right after the first or after the second? Because with fuel on 1 you get around 2 laps of fuel.

I pitted after lap 2, RH tires and enough gas for 2 laps. Fuel Map 1, in the FT-1. I used a Minkihl setup for the FT-1.

I would've beaten it earlier with the RSR but missed the pit entrance.

What do you mean? Is a great idea.
Less things to worry.

No need to worry about where the pit entrance is.
No need to worry about when to pit.
No need to worry about what engine mapping to use and when.
No need to worry about oversteer.
The car becomes easier to drive, because it has less power.

You don’t need that much power in this mission. Being smooth and maintaining a good speed through corners are a lot more important than powering in the straights.

Finally got it.. 17 seconds ahead of everyone. Did not go as planned.. im just way to agressive or the car doesnt do what i want.. spun out a few times but managed to stay ahead.
Took the FR1, full upgrade and full weight loss. Full downforce front and back. Brakes -2.
Hard tires and fuel 6 all the way. Finished with no pitstops and some wear on the tires. Probably due to the high downforce

Now watching the boring ending movie..

Back