I am doing a gt300 series race and we are only allowed to use RH tires only.. Or Rain tires if needed. In a 1hr 15min race I had to pit 4 times. My tires were down to (2) and I was almost out of gas each time I pit. The top 3 drivers only pit 3 times... On top of that they were pulling the same lap times as me! I didn't spin out and I drove as smooth as possible but have not been beaten that bad in GT since the 90's... Any tips or tricks to tuning a long lasting endurance car without losing much on lap times would be greatly appreciated.
not even close... we did 90 laps on cape ring inside. I went 25 laps and ran out of gas in practice. So I did two stops at 22 and two and 23. both times tires were done... I kept it as low as I could.. the car has a push so I am running like +30 toe in the rear 0 in front and the camber is at 1.5 in front and .5 in back. Its a RE RX7 Base Model GT300. I made it the height +2 more in the back and a really stiff rear shock set up to get it to steer. Still no problems with rear traction and front still wore first.
No not anymore. I need a better stand. I figured that's why the tires went so I am working on being smoother.. but as far as gas.. the winner gave me a hint and told me his MPG is all in the gearing and staying out of high RPM. I did a test shifting at 7k instead of 10k and my lap times were the same but I still used the same amount of gas.