Need help with Ferrari GTO tune.

• Thread starter Death2508
  • 6 comments
United States
Massachusetts
-
I have been trying to make a Ferrari GTO race tune (SS tyres, 600PP) and every time I turn sharply or at speed the front outside tyre gets all of the weight and I go off track. How do I rectify this? Dampers upped at the front, stronger springs, git gud scrub, etc?

UPDATE: I got it to stop with messed up front weight transfer on low speed corners but now it has a tendency to either spin on mid speed corners, or have the outside rear tyre turn red. It's like developing software: fix one thing, break another.

UPDATE 2: Only ten minutes later, and I completely screwed everything. I now slide sideways through corners, instead of, you know, cornering. This damn thing is twitchier than a (REDACTED)

Last edited:
I can't get into my game at the moment, but I will say this;
That car is one of my top 5 favorites.
It is a loose car, one I have set to slide a bit in the rear. It's power is stronger then its length and weight, so power breaking (late breaking) is going to give you lots of trouble.
I really wish I could give you my settings, lol, just to try them out. I used its 'slide' as an advantage, not a hindrance.
Anyway, I am sure plenty of others will be along to help shortly. Good luck man ^^

I tend to not kick out the ass end on MR cars as I drive without aids usually (except ABS, that **** is awesome) and I would spin. This car is a hell of a thing to tune. I love it, but it apparently is playing hard to get. Does anyone k know how to make it behave like in the Sierra trial? I fell even more in love with it once I drove it in that.

Does anyone k know how to make it behave like in the Sierra trial? I fell even more in love with it once I drove it in that.
That event has SRF and the tyres are SM/SS - It's set up to plough but the SRF gives you extra front grip when you exceed the limit. It's basically a "cheat" trick.

You can't replicate this without SRF.

Aww..... I kinda wanna use SRF but I kinda don't like using assists other than ABS.....
It all depends what your using it for.
If its seasonals, usually SRF is either forced on or off, so no choice most of the time.
If its offline story races, use whatever lol.
But if its online rooms, again what real choice do you have? Most rooms have restrictions set on, so if your making it for that then you definitely want to get used to it without it.
But if your making the room, again, use whatever ^^

One thing that is good about building for seasonals though, if you tune it without using SRF, and the new seasonal has it forced, you really won't notice any bad effects just taking it out there.
But the reverse can be tricky.

Back