Need help with Netgear WNR2000 setup from scratch

• Thread starter Phoenix
  • 1 comments

Phoenix

Premium
Norway
Norway
So, I borrow this Netgear WNR2000 router from the owner of the apartment I am renting and I have troubles setting it up, both wired and wireless.

I've only gotten the internet connection to show up on laptop/mobile and tried to connect but it wont give internet access.

Does anyone know exactly how to set it up properly with my own SSID, password and other configurations thats needed?

Got all the admin login access to configure stuff.
Router firmware is v1.2.3.7 which seems to be the newest one.

I have access to his internet connection through my laptop so I can use internet searches and GTP for help. :P

Basically what I want is 3 devices (PC, PS4, XB1) connected with cable through the router and also to use mobile/tablet wireless.

I dont have that modem-router but i can easily help

The first thing is first, you need to log in to the modem router
Type 192.168.1.1 into the URL bar of your web browser and hit enter
Type in Admin as the username and password as the password

For the internet to work.
You need to go to the set up wizard, select your ISP if it is on a list otherwise just select.
PPPoE for the type of connection, enter your ISP username and password and click finish.

Under the WiFi settings do the following.

Enable SSID:
Broadcast: Ticked
Name(SSID): Phoenix 2.4Ghz*
Name(SSID): Phoenix 5Ghz*
Channel: I will explain it later
Mode: 300mbps or what ever is highest.

Security options
WPA2-PSK

Passphrase/Key
You're choice of passphrase

Regarding the channel to use.

Download an app called WiFi Analyzer on your phone, It has this icon the following icon
This app will show near by wifi routers and the channel they use as well as how strong their signal is.
LnrDTAN6yC2lvtiFbMq15Z0kvtWqtvCDsvyuSR4_iaHDliV4tFMT4J40qAclL6QG_cI=w300

Look for which Wifi channels are being used in your area and pick up that is far from the others, if none are clear, pick any.

Regarding the SSID name.
If your router does broadcasting band on 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz at the same time, it is best to name each channel respectfully

Last edited:
Back