Need help with nurb. Please!

United States
Illinois
xColtenFutbol16x
I have just been starting on the intermediate Mercedes academy special driving school. I really want to get the clk gtr but I can't seem to get gold on any of the races. Any tips?

You need to go as fast as you can, but still not slide all over the place.

The SLS AMG is a very tail happy car, and as such you will need to treat it with respect.
Brake as late as possible to lose minimum amount of speed, then try to throttle your way through the corners.
If I remember correctly, the SLS AMG will have Racing Hards in this challenge so you can really make it go fast through most of the corners.

Smooth and fast, not sliding/drifting, and it should be fairly easy.

Good luck. 👍

You can try getting a level 23 ticket, and then backing up your save. Keep opening the ticket until you get the CLK. No need to finish the event, but this might take a while. It's too bad they added the pointless gift limits or someone else could just give you one.

I have just been starting on the intermediate Mercedes academy special driving school. I really want to get the clk gtr but I can't seem to get gold on any of the races. Any tips?

Practice, practice, practice, and then practice some more.
It's the only way.
Can't remember if any assists was allowed, but if so, you could perhaps try with SRF. That would defenetly help.

Good luck. 👍

The SLS AMG is a very tail happy car
Don't know where you got this from, on the contrary, SLS AMG used in the AMG Intermediate is a very grippy which means it understeers when pushed.
There's grip to be found everywhere, just keep practicing. :)
And if there's a straightforward advice I could give you, it's - brake less whereever needed, if possible - don't. Works with everything, and it's a basic rule of going fast everywhere.
Good luck.

I recently ran a couple of the segments over and over in attempting to qualify for the WRS. ABS was the only aid allowed and I used ABS=10 and BB's of 5-7/9-10. No substitute for track knowledge though so u need to practice. If u can find any videos by Mikegt3 he's probably the best.

Don't know where you got this from, on the contrary, SLS AMG used in the AMG Intermediate is a very grippy which means it understeers when pushed.
If you brake late, and start sliding and hit the throttle even the SLS AMG on racing hards is tail happy.

But yes, it has very good grip so it can be pushed alot.

Try whichever settings options is available to you since you cant tune the event.
I've done this AMG academy event countless of time trying to find every green tickets.
Found out ASM might help, lower gradually Traction Control and your time should improve.
Play with any available settings untill you find the sweet spot,

TC1, SRF on if available, steering assist and ASM off as they slow the car down and ABS 3. Use the full width of the track but don't get too far on to the kerbs. Anticipate each corner in advance - the AMG is going faster than you realize so you need to be making the steering input before you're on each corner. That way you will carry that vital few MPH extra through each corner. Lift off the throttle where you can instead of braking. Braking takes away far more inertia than lifting. And finally use the view from behind the car - you will be able to position it far more accurately as you can see each corner of the car to understand how it's reacting.

Practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice!

The Lupo race on the Nordschleife is a good place to get some experience, the car can be fitted with RS if you need it. I did that race 20-30 times as well as the AMG Academy over and over again.

My favourite track is the Nordschleife, followed by the 24 Nurburg.

Start with a slow car (definition of "slow" depends on your current skill level, basically something you feel comfortable driving) and comfort tyres.
Drive and drive until you get a complete lap with no mistakes (it doesn't have to be fast).
Once you get a complete lap you can start pushing it, trying to be faster.
Look for the corners where you can go a little faster without increasing the risk too much.
Search for special driving techniques (in some fast corners for instance you can quickly tap the brake to shift the weight forward and increase front grip).
If you have assists on, try turning them off (one at the time) and see if you can manage without them and if it improves your time.
Increase the pace gradually until you can no longer improve your time.
Pick a more powerful car and move up to sports tyres, then do the same thing as above.

This will take time, because the track is long. Be patient and don't rush, you'll get there eventually.

Back