Need help with something.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Com Fox
  • 7 comments
  • 502 views
Messages
11,449
Australia
Central Coast, NSW
Messages
Com_Fox5
Messages
EelX 5
I have a question that is strange.

A person told me it was illegal to make stuff with no refunds. I thought, yeah sure, then he said it also effects online.

I disagreed but he is trying to become a lawyer and studing it so I don't know.

I then relised that means GT5 DLCs would be illegal beacause they are not refundable. Not only that but Playstation store and GTplanet would be doing stuff illegal.

I have no clue, what do you think? I'm having a believe that he is not telling the truth but not 100%.

Not reveiling any identity of this person in anyway.
 
He was actually was being serious.
 
He was actually was being serious.

I don't know who told you that stuff about the refunds, but like you said if that is illegal then why is the PSN Store up?

Many people on PSN like to make other people believe false statements about doing things on PSN. I used to receive countless messages saying to send it to everybody on your friends list and you will receive $50 in your PSN wallet by tomorrow. The sender even put names such as Kevin Butler (that guy in the Playstation commercials) in the message saying it was actually him.
 
Commerce laws are country specific and don't necessarily apply to internet transactions.
 
What's more, certain products can be sold with no refund option as long as it's made clear up front.
 
I have a question that is strange.

A person told me it was illegal to make stuff with no refunds. I thought, yeah sure, then he said it also effects online.

I disagreed but he is trying to become a lawyer and studing it so I don't know.

I then relised that means GT5 DLCs would be illegal beacause they are not refundable. Not only that but Playstation store and GTplanet would be doing stuff illegal.

I have no clue, what do you think? I'm having a believe that he is not telling the truth but not 100%.

Not reveiling any identity of this person in anyway.

Lol, it's common sense. Why would PD sell DLC and you get to use it and try it out while you say 'Okay, I had fun now it's time to refund my money'....PD would lose a lot of money.

Nobody gives refunds for DLC it's in the agreement when you buy the DLC. Well if you read it anyways.
 
No refund has been the case with audio/video and game content for as long as I can remember.

I bought an Electric Light Orchestra cassette when I was a kid and it was defective, they would only replace it - no refund.

I would love to get a refund for my Subaru BZR. PD screwed up so many FR cars that I've had to ban them, and now I can't use the BZR I spent one hundred American pennies for -- 100!!!
 
Back