Need help with stock car...

• Thread starter balang_479
  • 8 comments
balang_479
Im doing pretty well with the tuned car, got a 1:37.303 but i just cant do well with the Stock car. I was looking at times done by people in the top 250 theyre stock times are all so much better, im like 1 second off people who got my tuned time. All i want is to get into the 250 list and i need 0.3.

Any suggestions and tips on driving the stock car? ill post my lap up soon...

Turn 1, try and grab your right wheels over the side of that orange/black curbing...

Turn 4, very, VERY light braking into here...smooth exit...(10% braking if possible)

Turn 6, again light braking, make 2 apex's out of the corner...the final apex of turn 6 is pretty much, just as you flick right for;

Turn 7...key to getting the back round early, steady on the bump but can be fairly early on the throttle...don't be affraid to use 1 or 2 wheels on the black/yellow paint if you're on a good sector 1.

Turn 8, full braking, then lifting off the brakes..both left wheels on the flat section of the curb, NO grass though.

Turn 9, keep it tight, but stay off the curb in 2nd, get on power early, feint dab of the brakes into;

Turn 10, and be pateint putting the power down. Wheel spin WILL lose you bags of time out of there...before the dreadded;

...Turn 11...Close your eyes, brake, turn right, accelerate, straighten up, full throttle...open your eyes.

That got me into the 47's...I'd like to hear anyone elses account. That's with a wheel though...if you're sixaxis you might struggle and driving technique, will NOT suit at all.

HTH, Ian

Im using a DFEX, the 200 degrees has made it a little challenging but its so much better than a controller... i keep getting understeer in turn 9, so much.

Thanks for the help, i think the problem is that when i brake its pretty much always late and full, making the understeer worse, will definitely try to be more gentle on the brakes.

Im using a DFEX, the 200 degrees has made it a little challenging but its so much better than a controller... i keep getting understeer in turn 9, so much.

Thanks for the help, i think the problem is that when i brake its pretty much always late and full, making the understeer worse, will definitely try to be more gentle on the brakes.

Remember that in the stock car a "slow in-fast out" technique with corners pays of well!!..
Try not to push a lot and get the lines right,than slowly incease your speed ...but remember that everytime you push too hard into the corner or during braking,you will loose more speed overall than if you get a little wheelspin exiting a corner...

Also use RPM his advise to close your eyes...it workes sometimes...:sly::sly:....lol...

spy.

On exiting from corner 8 apply throttle as soon as possible, even if it's not full throttle at first.
When braking to corner 9 start by full braking but immediately ease off slightly off the brake, so you'll be braking at something like 90%, then let the car coast right, then point the wheels to corner 9 and accelerate, even if it spins a little it's ok.
I personally don't brake approaching corner 9, but anyway try to make a tight apex on corner 9 but not touching the curb, and then star accelerating fast but smoothly towards the curb on the right.
This technique helped to get me into 1'47.5xx

also check this by Maz:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3705300&postcount=2

Thanks so much for the help guys, i shaved 0.27 off and im now 234th in UK. The soft braking and "slow in fast out" approach really helped, i think i was over driving the turns...

Back