Need help with the historic racing car cup in A-spec

  • Thread starter Thread starter smuckguy
  • 23 comments
  • 1,992 views
Messages
12
This series is a pain in the ass. It's the only event I have left in A-spec. I realize that the Toyota GT1 race car or the 2J race car are probably the ideal cars for this series, but I'm tired of waiting for them to show up in the various car lots. I hate B-spec mode, so winning the Toyota that way isn't really an option for me.

I managed to buy the 63 Corvette Z06 race car, which is a rare car itself, and I've come in 3rd place in all of the races. Are there any suggestions for tuning options for this car that would be to my advantage? I've already maxed out the HP and have soft racing tires. Any help would be great, thanks!
 
If you're tired of waiting for a 2J, just ask one of your online friends to let you borrow it. You should have no trouble winning then 👍. And I can't help you with tuning that car, I still haven't gotten around to driving it.. :grumpy:
 
The Chap 2D will do it. Spend the time to tune well, and you will be rewarded.
 
Toyota 7 will easily do it, I have it available to borrow, just FR me.
 
Dude fr me I'll put up the Toyota 7 and the 2J and the 2d for share , take your pick :) psn triggsie1
 
I did it with the Jaaag XJ13, quite effortlessly (though Monaco was a bit of a pain).
 
I think I used Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car. If you don't have it, I can share mine so you can borrow it.
 
If you're tired of waiting for a 2J, just ask one of your online friends to let you borrow it. You should have no trouble winning then 👍. And I can't help you with tuning that car, I still haven't gotten around to driving it.. :grumpy:

I thought you could only borrow friend's cars to race online? If this isn't the case one of my online friends already has a 2J and a GT1.
 
I did it with the Jaaag XJ13, quite effortlessly (though Monaco was a bit of a pain).

Yeah, the XJ13 is a good car for it. The only thing is you may have to give the car a turbo and racing soft tires in order to win.
 
smuckguy
I thought you could only borrow friend's cars to race online? If this isn't the case one of my online friends already has a 2J and a GT1.

It's the other way around, borrowed cars can only be used offline, not online 👍.
 
No problem, glad to help 👍.
 
I won the historic cup with the 1970 Dodge Challenger RM. You need to do laps of 1.13.xx or better to win.
 
Are you trying to win the race or get the trophy? The trophy is a pita to get.
 
I have the Toyota 7, the 66 Jag, the 2D, and other cars. Friend me if you want to use them, I'll put them online. I've won those races with all of these cars.
 
I won these races using the Toyota 7. shouldn't be a problem
 
I like how that threads says the Challenger RM is a waste of time, Clearly the OP does not know much about the car ability. I won the Historic Race Deep Forest First Time in my RM Challenger. Won on the second try on on the Cote.

The Challenger when handled well and tune as so, can run 1:09s on racing softs in Deep Forest.

I'm a big fan, plus it's such a good looking car! 👍
 
Yeah, the XJ13 is a good car for it. The only thing is you may have to give the car a turbo and racing soft tires in order to win.

All stock if you got skills.
 
Back