Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
Hollywood, CA
pauloofthelight and HeXaDoN
Brevange
I need help with drifting... It's my first time drifting and I need cars that could drift really well and do Tandem Drifting. I need a car that could go on a perfect angle, and a car that can catch up to the Tandem leaders. I would really appreciate it if you guys can send me a car that I could use because I don't really have a drift car.

My PSN ID: pauloofthelight :)

Are you on a wheel or controller? It took me less than a day to get use to drifting in GT5 with the right tune. To be honest all that we can give you is advice and more than half of the stuff is you practicing. I would recommend the Nissan Silvia S13; you won't be able to catch up with faster cars but it's a good starter car. In my opinion you learn more when drifting with low HP cars and understand how the car performs.

Basic Settings:
Comfort Hards
Stiff the front and back (Including Dampers)
Not a lot of camber and a little toe in.
LSD: 2 way LSD - 5/60/60 = When driving straight the wheel acts like a open diff meaning inside and outside tyre spin at different rate and when mid drift both inside and outside tyre spin at same speed.

Lock/Wielded Diffs - 60/60/60 = Inside and outside wheel spin at same rate meaning would be slippery and kinda hard to get control of on straights but corners it's amazing.

I use Lock Diffs because it's easier for me.

Like twist says its all about practice. I started in an s13 fully tuned with high turbo, i didnt alter any settings just left them stock. It took me around a week before I started trying to tandem. Then over time I started tuning my setups. You should take a look at the teams and meets thread and go along to one of the meets. I'm sure If you ask nicely there will be people willing to let you chase them.

Are you on a wheel or controller? It took me less than a day to get use to drifting in GT5 with the right tune. To be honest all that we can give you is advice and more than half of the stuff is you practicing. I would recommend the Nissan Silvia S13; you won't be able to catch up with faster cars but it's a good starter car. In my opinion you learn more when drifting with low HP cars and understand how the car performs.

Basic Settings:
Comfort Hards
Stiff the front and back (Including Dampers)
Not a lot of camber and a little toe in.
LSD: 2 way LSD - 5/60/60 = When driving straight the wheel acts like a open diff meaning inside and outside tyre spin at different rate and when mid drift both inside and outside tyre spin at same speed.

Lock/Wielded Diffs - 60/60/60 = Inside and outside wheel spin at same rate meaning would be slippery and kinda hard to get control of on straights but corners it's amazing.

I use Lock Diffs because it's easier for me.

First what is Lock Diffs?, Second I use a controller.

First what is Lock Diffs?, Second I use a controller.

I'll explain this more a bit and make it detailed as possible. Alright first you need to buy a LSD (Limited Slip Differential) if you go into LSD settings you'd see 3 settings right? and when you set it at 60/60/60 it's known as Lock/Wielded Diffs and it's a good setting to have your diffs Lock or 2 way LSD because it helps quite a lot when drifting so with Lock diffs if you imagine this; your about to launch your car and both rear tyres (Front or All wheel drive) would spin at the same rate meaning it spins at the same time same speed sand it's really easy to get the car into drifting mode and get it sideways but with Open Diffs it spins at different rate for example you have a RWD car and there's a massive puddle up ahead and when your tyres aren't getting enough power your car will send more power at the tyre that is under the puddle and less power going through the tyre that's not under the puddle (Open Diffs).

I've read this interesting fact/opinion on my phone once and in the olden days the Old Mustang cars I think use Lock Diffs because they wanted a good launch but on the long run it uses a lot of tyre thread and very hard to control when going around a corner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back