Need Ideas About GT5 Project

  • Thread starter Thread starter sporkface69
  • 3 comments
  • 631 views
Messages
494
United States
Mesa, AZ
Messages
SPORKFACE69
I want to do something with GT5. I see these lap time lists etc. and want to do something similar and worthwhile to the community. Plus it will give me something to do rather than lapping the ring at night with a slew of cars. The only problem is it seems like everything has already been done.

Any ideas of what I could do to contribute to the community?
 
As far as I know, there is no database anywhere that measures the performance of spec cars, on spec tires directly against each other in a way that makes the comparison meaningful. A spec test of a 445PP S2000 is not comparable to a 465PP test of an Impreza because they aren't the same PP, yet if they face each other online in some kind of contest, they'll be equalized by PP.

Make a long story short, I don't have the time to do it, wish I'd thought of it back 2 years ago when I did. I'd equalize cars around fixed PP levels in 25PP intervals and use the engine limiter or bolt on parts that don't affect torque or rev limits, and also standardize cars with close ratio transmissions so that the focus is entirely on the handling of the car and nothing else, in spec form.
 
Good idea. And put it into some sort of spreadsheet where people can do their own tests and post the results. It could also be turned into sort of a competition to see who can be fastest within strict PP and performance guidelines. But you would need a standard track to race around.
 
Two standard tracks would be better, but my best single choice would be trial Mountain, as it has twisty bits and a good length straight. If it's two tracks, I'd go Deep Forest and a longer, flatter track like Road Course Indy or Monza.

You could have any number of people doing it, but if the database is to be useful , it has to be done by one person to equalize the skill level between the cars.
 
Back