Need insurance advice. Someone hit me.

• Thread starter forza2.0
  • 11 comments

forza2.0

(Banned)
And they look better
Cheaper too
So last night I was picking my mum up from a restaurant. My car was parked up at the side of the road and I was standing next to my car waiting for my mum. A old toyota people carrier then came around the corner slowly, nearly ran me over and then grazed my front bumper. I got the guys attention and told him to stop as he had hit my car. He climbed out looked at it and then said it was not him :rolleyes:

I had watched the guy do it, the scratch on my car was fresh and he had nearly ran me over and he is denying it saying it was already there. Anyway at first he was refusing to exchange details and I phoned the police, but knowing this country the police decided it didnt warrant them to come out.

Now this guy who couldnt even speak english had to have two friends to translate for him and they were starting to try and hassle me and my mum.

Anyway heres what I need advice one. My insurance renewal is in march and I should be getting my first years NCB. However if I now phone up my insurance company in the view for my car to get fixed, and this guy carries on denying it what are the chances of me not getting my 1st years NCB in march? If I risk loosing my NCB it wouldnt make sense for me to claim as I would be drastically out of pocket, as it would be cheaper for me to just pay out my own pocket.

Any advice appreciated. Im really down about this all. :indiff:

My car

spa0038ap2.jpg

My paintwork on their car :grumpy:

spa0043zd2.jpg

Because technically you can file for a hit and run.

Why didn't the police want to show up? It's their job.

i dont think its really necessary to make a claim, the cars not undriveable, and it will cost you more..for years. if you need, pay for sorting it yourself and leave the insurance alone, you will save much more money by not losing your first ncb, with a good insurance company your insurance can halve on renewal. if you both dont make a claim, fine, if he does and you dont, you will have to inform your insurance still, which also affects costs :odd: try to get him to give you money for it

Exactly how much sheetmetal damage did this cause? Just the paint scratch? or is there something structural that got bumped?

No independant witnesses and the police decided it wasnt worth their time coming.

The damage is minimal and will probably t-cut out, if not it I will have to pay a mobile resprayer about £100 to get it sorted.

Spoke to my insurance company and they said the guy doesnt have a leg to stand on because my car was stationary, however they also said I do run a risk of loosing my 1st years ncb depending on the outcome seeing as they guy is totally denying it.

Therefore I have decided I will just have to pay for it to get fixed out of my own pocket as I cannot take the risk of loosing my NCB over something so minimal.

Therefore I have decided I will just have to pay for it to get fixed out of my own pocket as I cannot take the risk of loosing my NCB over something so minimal.

Ah what a shame! And all that because of some prick.

My sister-in-law is a police officer and I hear quite a few of her stories...

There are quite a large number of foreigners/migrants driving in this country.
Whether they're in a car registered to this country or not, doesn't seem to matter,
some still seem to believe that they are fully insured by their own country's insurance,
while others don't bother with insurance, tax or MOT. They just don't seem to care.
If they are caught and prosecuted they normally get a very small fine or even just a warning.

As for claiming on your insurance, I wouldn't bother. As many migrants aren't insured, you will lose out.
If you take them to court and they have to pay costs, it may still be too late,
and you would already have an increase on your insurance premium.

IMHO I would look around for a good quote and repair it yourself,
then send Uncle John round to take out his kneecaps with a baseball bat. :D

some things are worth worrying about. youll learn this as you get older.

a scratch on a car, not important. if your car was a rare show winning concourse car id care, but you seem more worried about the scratch than that he nearly killed you. priorities chief.

Back