Need reasons to buy.

• Thread starter Shadow1130
  • 17 comments
United States
West Virginia
Shadow113093 / MLD_MoonMan
Ive been looking for the last few weeks, and Forza 4 looks like something I want. Soon Im going to buy a 360 and Forza 4, but I was wondering if I should get 4 or wait for Horizon? Horizon doesnt seem to peak interest for me. Is it worth getting Forza 4 this late in the game?

Edit: Moved from main to Q&A, as I should have put title as a question "Should I buy?" to begin with, sorry

For me the answer is absolutely yes. I got the game a couple of weeks ago and I find it fantastic. I enjoy all the DLC and the racing is very nice. The choice of cars is also superb. You can probably pick it up rather cheap now so it will be a bargain for you. :cheers:

It's rather straightforward. If you like racing more than driving, buy FM4. If you like driving more than racing, buy Horizon. If you like both racing and driving a lot, buy both games.

I too am thinking of getting this game. I have been a long time GT5 player but quite frankly, that game has gotten pretty redundant for me. I only take part in the Time Trials there (top 100 driver) so I'm really looking for something refreshing and new.

I too am thinking of getting this game. I have been a long time GT5 player but quite frankly, that game has gotten pretty redundant for me. I only take part in the Time Trials there (top 100 driver) so I'm really looking for something refreshing and new.

Well you will love rivals mode then, that will keep you busy for months alone

Well you will love rivals mode then, that will keep you busy for months alone

Cool, sounds good. I just missed going to the GT Academy this year so I will still be practicing in GT5 in that regard but as far as a new experience, I think I will be purchasing this game. Liking everything I've seen and heard so far. Peace.

Same here :lol: I just didnt want to mention "The other game" within this forum. I'm just thinking of purchasing a cheap refurbished 360 from my local gamestop. With a wired controller (Hate batteries) for like $110. The games gonna be another like $40 or something like that, so maybe with this paycheck I might get it :)

If the 360 I get doesnt come with a hard drive, do I have to purchase like a 20gb one or whatever just to be able to play Forza4? or will its small like 4gb it has work?

Same here :lol: I just didnt want to mention "The other game" within this forum. I'm just thinking of purchasing a cheap refurbished 360 from my local gamestop. With a wired controller (Hate batteries) for like $110. The games gonna be another like $40 or something like that, so maybe with this paycheck I might get it :)

If the 360 I get doesnt come with a hard drive, do I have to purchase like a 20gb one or whatever just to be able to play Forza4? or will its small like 4gb it has work?

I was told by one of my friends that a 4gb wasn't big enough. I'm just going to get a 250gb anyway as I'll probably get the other Forza game thats coming out also. What pisses me off is I gotta buy a new wheel because my G27 won't work with XBox. I was thinking about upgrading anyway but not just yet. I guess I'll just use the controller for now, just going to feel like a noob, as the younger generation say. (I'm 46) PM me your PSN id, I might know you from over there. Peace.

Reason? Just need one, there is almost certainly a collectors version with all the content come christmas. Forza is still hundred hours of fun with a pad, but wait till you get a fanatec.....I almost replay all of PC sims just because how different it feels compare to my old G25.

4GB is not enough. I don't think you'd have any space left after you install FM4's second disc, which is necessary to access a portion of the car selection. DLC car packs are about 150MB apiece, I think.

My Elite came with a 120GB drive, and especially with my habit of keeping things tidy I simply haven't had to worry about space, with DLC and installs for numerous games, plus demos once in a while (which can be measured in Gigabytes these days).

You can get an old XBOX harddrive cheap. It'll work with the XBOX you might get. Just look at Gamestop.

I was told by one of my friends that a 4gb wasn't big enough. I'm just going to get a 250gb anyway as I'll probably get the other Forza game thats coming out also. What pisses me off is I gotta buy a new wheel because my G27 won't work with XBox. I was thinking about upgrading anyway but not just yet. I guess I'll just use the controller for now, just going to feel like a noob, as the younger generation say. (I'm 46) PM me your PSN id, I might know you from over there. Peace.

Yea, I was thinking the 4gb wasnt going to be enough. I'll be using a controller too, pretty sure that my DFGT doesnt work on the xbox, yet I havent researched it. Being as its made for GT5, I doubt it will :lol:

4GB is not enough. I don't think you'd have any space left after you install FM4's second disc, which is necessary to access a portion of the car selection. DLC car packs are about 150MB apiece, I think.

My Elite came with a 120GB drive, and especially with my habit of keeping things tidy I simply haven't had to worry about space, with DLC and installs for numerous games, plus demos once in a while (which can be measured in Gigabytes these days).

My current ps3 is the slim 120gb. Ive actually ran it down to a few hundred MB's left several times leaving me to delete alot of my content :(. I guess this means I'll be saving up and over time have me a collection of the smaller like 20-40gb hard drives that are seperate :lol:

Thanks for all the info everyone.
One last question: They changed the XBL gold membership prices from about a year or 2 ago right? It was like $50 or $60 for a year sub? What are the current prices for the 3mth and the year subs?

Cool, sounds good. I just missed going to the GT Academy this year so I will still be practicing in GT5 in that regard but as far as a new experience, I think I will be purchasing this game. Liking everything I've seen and heard so far. Peace.

PM me your PSN ID?

For the record, 4GB is enough to install the contents of disc 2 if you pretty much have nothing else saved/installed. No games (you'll have to remove the free ones that come with), no videos of any length etc. You will not have space for any DLC and you will not even be able to view replays.

So something bigger is a must, but personally I started with the 4GB then got a 320GB drive from eBay a few weeks later. Unbranded, so saved some money over the MS product, and it works fine, nothing is coming up telling me it's counterfeit or whatnot though I guess there is always a small risk. Using any old SATA drive in the Xbox drive casing is probably asking for trouble though.

If you don't want to get a harddrive just yet, you can always use a USB stick. I've got all my save data on the internal 4GB memory, and have Disc 2 and all DLC on an external USB stick, playing Forza 4 from Disc, and I can't really complain of any issues. Was going to be a cheaper interim solution for me, but when I had finally gotten around to purchasing a harddrive, I had to realize that the harddrive controller of my 4GB Xbox was bust. Unfortunately, I didn't actually realize until after the warranty period had expired. :irked:

Back