need settings for polyphony 001

• Thread starter GT3 newbie
  • 8 comments
Hey, my polyphony is spinning out at low speeds around corners. The rear end just swing out like mad, I am racing the SSR11 and every 3 or 4 corners I spin out, have to reverse back on to the track and eventually lose.

Any settings please ?

I was only seeing how it drives :sly:

Well, SSR11 is my least favorite track in all of GT3. It's like the streetsweeper machine sprays Crisco instead of water when they clean it. So that's one strike right there.

The first thing you should do is dial out some of the massive toe out that the F1 cars have. That will make it rotate less, particularly under throttle.

The second thing to do is stay a gear higher than you have been going through the turns. That will make it less likely to spin the back tires under throttle. If you're driving with an automatic transmission, stop doing that and practice driving in manual.

The third thing is to use the analog sticks for gas and brake instead of buttons. That will also help reduce rear wheelspin and make it easier to ease through the turns.

Well, SSR11 is my least favorite track in all of GT3. It's like the streetsweeper machine sprays Crisco instead of water when they clean it. So that's one strike right there.

Oh it's not that bad....

The first thing you should do is dial out some of the massive toe out that the F1 cars have. That will make it rotate less, particularly under throttle.

The second thing to do is stay a gear higher than you have been going through the turns. That will make it less likely to spin the back tires under throttle. If you're driving with an automatic transmission, stop doing that and practice driving in manual.

The third thing is to use the analog sticks for gas and brake instead of buttons. That will also help reduce rear wheelspin and make it easier to ease through the turns.

LIsten to this man. He knows the truth. And the truth shall set you free.

Well, I found something interesting here :

It seemed that the polyphony "wore out" the more races you drove with it. So for example :

Race 1 - The car drives like a dream
2 - The car starting to slow around the corners but still great.
3 -Car trying to spin out, easy to avoid
4 - Car impossible to handle.

So with the advise of neutralizing the toe of the car it became easier. But the car still wore out. After the super speedway race the car was impossible to handle. So this is what I did.

After every race I fiddled with the settings and turned it back. So say that Front toe was 0. I'd turn it to -3, accept then immediately change it back. I done this to a few of the settings, but making sure to change it back. I done that after every race.

The car seamed to be more durable and kept up its standard for the first race. Example:

Race 1 - The car drives like a dream
2 - The car drives like a dream
3 - The car drives like a dream
4 - The car drives like a dream

etc.

I don't know how or why, and I know it sounds ridiculous ..... but it worked for me.

Note that I didn't change any settings from the first time I had the problem

It's all in your head. In GT3 there is no 'chassis refresh' like there is in GT4, because there are no used cars to purchase. The only thing that happened is that your oil was getting used, meaning you were losing power compared to the AI. So you were pushing harder to keep up, and consequently wiping out more.

It's all in your head. In GT3 there is no 'chassis refresh' like there is in GT4, because there are no used cars to purchase. The only thing that happened is that your oil was getting used, meaning you were losing power compared to the AI. So you were pushing harder to keep up, and consequently wiping out more.

Yeah, Im all crazy :dunce: So it was all down to the hp ? But it cou;dn't have made that much of a difference of what I experienced.

Back